How much snow can an x320 handle?

/ How much snow can an x320 handle? #1  

Gio

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson gc2400
Just picked up a x320 for mowing duties but i have seen some impressive videos of 320s blowing snow and I wondered if it could handle my 1/4 sloped gravel drive.

I know it wouldn't be pretty but is it worth considering?

1296754553_f8d083d05206.jpg

/ How much snow can an x320 handle? #2  
Given enough time, the X320 will handle it. The question will be "can you handle it" ?
:)

Link to some of the impressive video's and we'll do some timing studies. ;)

/ How much snow can an x320 handle? #3  
It should handle it o.k.. if your gravel isn't too big. I do a sloped 300' drive (3/4 minus gravel) with mine. I scout out the driveway before the snow flies to check for rocks or anything elso that will jamb the auger. The shear bolts are easy enough to change but it's no fun at -10. I do a sloped 300' drive (3/4 minus gravel) with mine. If you can start your first pass at the top of the hill you should be good to go. I live atop a knoll and it drifts pretty bad sometimes- drift knives on my to get list this year. We had one storm this year with 2 1/2'+ drifts .......... I got through them but the knives would have made it easier. This is my fourth winter with the tractor and it's done well- my only real complaint is in wet snow. Traction can be iffy and it doesn't discharge well.