X740 Price

/ X740 Price #1  

dj1701

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320, Kubota BX2680
Hello All,

Just got quote on a new JD x740 with a 60" 7iron deck for $ 10,900. Does this seem like a good price for that machine. I just want to mow with it. I have a 4320 already, but its to big for lawn mowing. I really don't want a z-turn...

/ X740 Price #2  
The last I inquired, that looks right. They are a good mower, and should live up to your Deere expectations.

/ X740 Price #3  
I've had my x740 for approx. 4 yrs, >500 hrs., bar rear tires, mow 3.5 acres. Only mechancal so far other than maint. has been right side motor mount rubber failed ? fan belt just failed at 475 hrs. The only other complaint is the radiator intake is toward the operator side of engine compartment and seems to suck all the stuff around you. Installed mulch kit and improved this issue a bunch! Other than it being a little "dirty" mowing, the thing is a brute! Plenty of torque! Uses > 1 gallon fuel per hour. Iron 7 decks are heavy duty, etc. Still running original deck blade drive belt, still looks almost new, good thing because belt is pricey! Just keep it greased, filters and fluids maintained, reverse blow out the radiator occasionally, hoping it will outlast me.