l120

/ l120 #1  

robdwynn

Tractor
jd l120
my l120s pto wont start in forward unless i stand up off the seat ,then the safety switch kicks in and kills it,but it will mow in reverse if i hold down the button,i have changed the pto switch,seat safety switch,and relays,please does anyone have any input on this or had this problem???????

/ l120 #2  
My dad's L120 had a simmilar issue and it was his seat swtich was causing issues so I bypassed it with a kind of stupid method. You say you replaced your switch, maybe you got a bad one. Anyway, I took the switch out of it's spot under the seat and used a hose clamp around the switch to keep the button pushed in (of course I also wrapped that in duct tape for good measure). The deck engaged fine after that but periodically the hose clamp loosens and the problem comes back until it gets tightened up again. Not sure if that will solve your problem but it's worth a try and it's free.

On my old Toro/Wheelhorse it was easy to bypass by just unplugging the switch and jamming a jumper wire in it to keep the circuit closed. Has worked for 13 years that way. My dads L120 didn't have a plug I could easily get to so jumping the wires would have meant cutting them which he didn't want me to do (but I would have).

Good luck!