John Deere 300 Garden Tractor won't move

/ John Deere 300 Garden Tractor won't move #1  

LDBBarry

Tractor
John Deere 300 & 317
I have an older 300 JD Lawn & Garden Tractor that won't move, it worked last fall when I put it away. It had a slow transmission fluid leak, which this year I replaced the seal and filled it up, won't raise or lower the deck either, starts and runs fine, just won't move. Any thoughts?

/ John Deere 300 Garden Tractor won't move #2  
alot of the older tractors have the hydro release on the fender deck between your legs, if your tractor has that than check the release valve on the front of the transmission ,they seem to get stuck in

/ John Deere 300 Garden Tractor won't move #3  
I have the same problem...i think my wife is getting lazy.

/ John Deere 300 Garden Tractor won't move
I have done some further checking ....On my transmission the release adj you are referring to controls 2 check valves. I removed these guys - the little buttons on top moves freely as do the check balls inside. I also took out the charge relief and implement relief valves - they appear clean.

I did find I don't have any charge pressure - 0 psi with the motor running. Any idea on why this would stop working after sitting the winter??

I'd appreciate any thoughts you might have...

LDB Barry

/ John Deere 300 Garden Tractor won't move #5  
If it's anything like a 300 I used to have, check the roll pin at the input shaft of the transmission (or I think there is one at the engine side of the drive shaft as well, but never replaced that side). That used to break on me and I can imagine would be very difficult to detect if it broke just right... For some reason I used to break that pin all the time!