Thoughts on a X720

/ Thoughts on a X720 #1  

JasG

Veteran Member
Tractor
B2650,
I found a 2006 X720 today with 300 hours and was just serviced. It has the 54" deck with the mulching blades and a single stage snow thrower that come with it.

$6400.00 was what I finally paid.

Any thoughts on if I got a good deal.

/ Thoughts on a X720 #2  
Sounds reasonable to me, I wouldn't be too concerned since it is a done deal. 300 hours isn't much, so I hope you like it and good luck with it.

/ Thoughts on a X720 #3  
If it's in good condition, I'd say you did pretty well. Now's the time to use it and enjoy it.

/ Thoughts on a X720
The machine is in mint condition, guy and his wife took very good care of the machine. That was why I didn't really look into cost too much before I bought it, it went up yesterday and I looked at it last night as soon as I could. The ones I have looked at, either I don't get to see due to they move quickly. Or they look well used and they still want a good dollar for a 3-400 series machine. Looked at a couple of 445's last week. Both were well used and one was $4800, the 2nd was 5800.00. That seemed like a lot for machines 15-17 years old in the shape they were in. Yet that was what I was finding.

Anyone have the 46" single stage snowthrower? Single stage I don't usually hear very good things about, but never seen one on a machine this large. Owner has been spending winters in the south, so he only used a hand full of times over the years. His son was the one who used the blower to keep the drive clear in the winter.

His son takes care of things too. In the corner of the garage were 2 honda ATC's. One was a 250R that looked very nice, that he was storing for his son.

/ Thoughts on a X720 #5  
Hey, that's the one I wanted. Did the same as you, looked all over for good used, found plenty...in Illinois and further, any gain would be lost getting it here. Good luck with your machine, sounds like a deal to me. Don't have any experience with the snow blower so can't help there. We ended up trading for a new X720, ordered last week, hope it's here for the long weekeng. The way it keeps raining we'll need it.

/ Thoughts on a X720 #6  
I had a 46 on a X475 and was very happy with it. Happier with the 47 since it plugs less but I think you will be happy.

/ Thoughts on a X720 #7  
Sounds like a good buy considering the condition and hours.

The X720 is a grass-eating monster and should serve you well.