Upgraded to X729

/ Upgraded to X729 #1  

Travesh

Tractor
NH T2320 Cab, '51 Ford 8N, JD X729
Hello all, long time TBN lurker here. Now I have something to post about!

It's been a cold and wet month here in the Northeast. Hardly any good time to mow with the damp grass getting taller and taller. After a fews hours of throwing muddy grassballs out the deck of my LT180 (and finally throwing the belt) I started looking for a more capable "all-terrain mower".

I finish mow 3.5-5+ acres depending on the year. The difficult nature of my property led me to look at more of an all-terrain garden tractor style mower than a ZTR. There are hills, lots of obstacles, small brooks/mud/culverts to cross to get from one area to another, etc.

Did a lot of research and ended up looking at the Deere X700 series. Went in thinking X748 and ended up with the X729 the dealer had on the lot. Test driving an all-wheel-steer model sold me on that feature for my particular conditions.

Took delivery two days later and was able to tame my wet foot-high lawn without any cursing. Makes me realize how much I'd been abusing my LT180 to try to do these tasks.

X729 after cleaning up the east lawn:
x729.jpg

X729 and old LT180 in front of the barn:
x729-lt180.jpg

/ Upgraded to X729 #3  
nice machine! I have been looking at the X729,X740,X744 and X749 models lately. I would have loved to see that field BEFORE mowing...! Enjoy!

/ Upgraded to X729 #4  
You will like the all terrain abilities of your new mower. Enjoy it.:D

/ Upgraded to X729
nice machine! I have been looking at the X729,X740,X744 and X749 models lately. I would have loved to see that field BEFORE mowing...! Enjoy!

Ah! I never thought to get the before pictures. Too excited just to get out there and mow.

I tackled another area this weekend that hadn't been mowed yet this year. About one acre, flatter and less wet. The grass was thick and about 16" tall. Was planning to bush hog but the X729 and 54" deck handled it.

I will say the machine is rather thirsty under load. Maybe 1.25-1.5 gallons/hr? I'm sure the diesel would be quite a bit better. But I have no complaints about power with the gas engine.