Question for X320 owners

/ Question for X320 owners #11  
markerbeacon,

I considered buying an x320 last time I was shopping for a mower and tried one out on my lawn. I think it is a good mower with a much better tranny than my L130. If all you wan't it to do is mow and pull a cart I feel it is a good choice. IMO this is where the good Deere mowers start and I would have one myself for my own lawn, I bought the x749 since I needed more for my commercial landscape work with subcompact implements.

On a finished lawn such as I have an x320 is all I really need.

/ Question for X320 owners #12  
Just joined the forum I am having a problem with my X320 maybe I can get some suggestions.

Bought the mower new spring of 2007 the transaxle went out in less than two (yes "2") hours first time mowing the lawn. Dealer was great and they got another transaxle from Atlanta (I live near Orlando Fl.) overnight and had it installed and ready for me to pick up in less than 24 hours. I asked the dealer at the time about servicing the transaxle and was told they are "good for life". Well, all I have been doing is greasing, oil changes (synthetic), and new blades. I am now at 581 hours and I noticed that the tractor doesn't have the same speed as it used to or power up hills, feels like the transaxle.....I am going to try and change the fluid, what is recommended (I would prefer a synthetic) and what do I have to do to drain it, I see no drainplug, also can I install a drainplug and where? Thanks.

Also how much fluid does it hold?

/ Question for X320 owners #13  
The trans axle is a sealed unit, and no drain plug.
They can be separated so you can change fluid, just be prepared for a few hours of work.
I hope you are very mechanical inclined?
Do your home work before trying to service the rear end.
Welcome

/ Question for X320 owners #14  
Just joined the forum I am having a problem with my X320 maybe I can get some suggestions.

Bought the mower new spring of 2007 the transaxle went out in less than two (yes "2") hours first time mowing the lawn. Dealer was great and they got another transaxle from Atlanta (I live near Orlando Fl.) overnight and had it installed and ready for me to pick up in less than 24 hours. I asked the dealer at the time about servicing the transaxle and was told they are "good for life". Well, all I have been doing is greasing, oil changes (synthetic), and new blades. I am now at 581 hours and I noticed that the tractor doesn't have the same speed as it used to or power up hills, feels like the transaxle.....I am going to try and change the fluid, what is recommended (I would prefer a synthetic) and what do I have to do to drain it, I see no drainplug, also can I install a drainplug and where? Thanks.

Also how much fluid does it hold?

They recommend 5W/50 Synthetic. Not sure how much. If you are a bit mechanical, you can do it.

/ Question for X320 owners #15  
They recommend 5W/50 Synthetic. Not sure how much. If you are a bit mechanical, you can do it.

Is there a link for the procedure?

Yes I am very mechanical so that won't be a problem. Just need some guidelines is possible.

Thanks.

/ Question for X320 owners #20  
New X320 Question[/B]. X320 with 78 hours been parked for a while. Runs great but rear axels have end play. While changing a tire on the rear I noticed that the rear axels can be pulled in and out about a 1/4 of an inch. Is this normal? JD dealer says "bring it in so we can look at it".