Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum

/ Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum #31  
I read this post, then I saw your user name, and thought..is he saying he hates JD, then I looked at your original post, and I thought no wonder people aren't replying, they don't know what to say. He replaced virtually the entire fuel system whether he needed it or not, and it still sounds like a fuel problem.

I assure you people do care here, but sometimes a problem is very difficult to solve, and people don't know what to say.

Welcome to the site, and if you ask a question about something we have seen before, and know what to do, I assure you that you will get replies.

But, people here want to help you love your tractor, not join you in hating it.

I agree.. everythig said sounde dlike a fuel problem, though difficult to imagine it after the parts replacement.

that's why i didn't reply.

To the OP.

you asked for help.. apparrently no one could point out a smoking gun.

not wanting to send oyu on wild goose chases, no one was willing to randomly speculate on your problem. doing so usually costs the owner money or time in the way of redundant or un needed parts changing.

as some one else said.

it's too bad you want to leave just because your problem wasn't addressed. The sad fact of life is that not every problem gets solved.

Many of us have come across issues that were not able to be addressed by the membership immediatley, but perhaps were later. or we discoverd the cause ourselves.. or.. maybee never.

good luck

if you want guesses.. If it was a tractor.. I'd look at fuel delivery....

soundguy

/ Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum #32  
Woohoo! Another fix chalked up to duct tape.:thumbsup: Even my wife fixed a loose houseplant watering can spout with duct tape. God! How I love that woman!:D:D:D

i have a electrical tape and ziptie/bailing wire story for ya then.

I was 25 hours into a 46 hour red-eye round trip into texas and back to central florida to scarf up an antique tractor when I passed over a 'black gator' lying in the road. within the next few minutes i happened to clance down at my brake controller and noticed -ERR-

took a bit to find a safe place to pull over. My buddy / backup driver woke up and we got out and took a look. the truck had a 7 pin socket, and my trailer had a 6 pin plug, and I had a 6to7 adapter .. the adapter stayed in the socket, but the plug got pulled out apparrently by the black gator, and had been dragging a mile or two!!!!

there we were in the middle of rural texas on a very early monday morning, pulled over in a church parking lot on a holiday no less... plug was ground down 30%.. 3 contacts ahd been effected.. one was 90% gone.. the other 2 50% gone....

we found the one ground down the most still had continuity if you held the plug just right :) used a quarter roll of black tape on it to build it up and shoved it into the socket, then used bailing wire to tie the plug to the adapter and adapter to the socket, and then used the rest of the tape to get more of the wire harness out of the way in case more black gators were encountered.

made it the 2100 miles home like that.. :)

put a new plug on when i got home.. and since then.. I ALWAYS ziptie my plugs into my socket any time I use a trailer.

I buy them by the multi pack.. and use a couple every trip.

it's worth it...

soundguy

/ Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum #33  
Soundguy was able to turn a negative Thread into a fun thread:thumbsup::thumbsup: I thought he meant he dragged the gator down the road.lol:D

/ Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum #34  
Hey Soundguy,
Did you drag the gator a mile or two, or the plug?
I have heard that "gator hide" is some kind of tuff.LOL

/ Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum #35  
Sometimes I'm not online for days and that could be the reason for low replies. I've also found that the title has a lot to do with sparking the interest of the reader then providing as much detail as you can in hope to use the forum as a think tank. Good luck.

Edit: cleaned up thread, :)

/ Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum #36  
by the way guys.. a 'black gator' is the ripped off casing of a car or truck tire left laying in the road.. that's what we call em down here anyway.. tread laying in the road kinda looks like the back of a gator sticking up outta the water.. etc..

soundguy

/ Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum #37  
Sorry for my stereotyping you. Just for your FL location. I immediatly came to the wrong conclusion in my shallow minded lasp of "PC". Go ahead with a clear conscience with any moose questions or jokes you may feel is apropriate!
LOL

/ Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum #38  
As a Newbee to this forum on 6-8-11, I wrote a description of my GX335 engine problem. See thread entitled GX335 engine slows to stall speed several times during a 3 hour mowing. Virtually every problem thread I read on this forum has had from 2 to 24 replies offering help/comments. It has been 3 days since MY entry & ZERO replies. Either I am the only GX335 owner in the USA (not likely), no one has a clue as to what is causing my engine problem, or no one thinks my problem is important enough to help. This is sad. Hopefully, I can find another forum where someone cares.

Wait, let me find my.....

Attachments

• Violin.jpg
    Violin.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 196
   / Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum #39  
I liked the thought of the actual gator instead but the "black gator" works too.

:D

/ Sad state of affairs; seeking another forum #40  
I liked the thought of the actual gator instead but the "black gator" works too.

:D

For some reason... I didn't figure he really meant it was a "gator" - but, then again; I had no earthly idea what a "black gator" was... :confused2:

Was wonderin' if he hit a big cottonmouth?? Lot's of dead snakes on the road growin' up in SD -- gotta be lot's of 'em where it's hot and WET, no? :eek:

AKfish