John Deere walk behind tractor with sulky and sickle mower

/ John Deere walk behind tractor with sulky and sickle mower #1  

docrocky

Silver Member
Tractor
Oliver 880, Ford 8N, Ford 9N, Farmall Super C, MF 205, Ford 4400 FEL, Ford 4500 FEL/BH, Cat D-6 Dozer(1957)
All the doctors I know want to be farmers and all the farmers want to be doctors. I do a 2 acre garden each year for food banks, church kitchens, friends and I eat all the left overs. I am a retired-------(you guess). I bought at a terrific farm consignment auction the JD as listed. It is in beautiful shape , starts right up and easily moves me on board with its 5hp engine. I can not find a model number on it. I need the drive pulley for the front mounted sickle mower. I have a number of pictures of it to help anyone who might be able to identify it. the only reason I am assuming it is a JD is the fresh green and yellow paint and a JD decal on the sulky seat.
thank You for your help.:)

Attachments

• 2011-07-18 001.jpg
    2011-07-18 001.jpg
    738.5 KB · Views: 1,868
  • 2011-07-18 002.JPG
    2011-07-18 002.JPG
    952.3 KB · Views: 2,178
  • 2011-07-18 003.JPG
    2011-07-18 003.JPG
    935.3 KB · Views: 2,708
  • 2011-07-18 004.jpg
    2011-07-18 004.jpg
    732.5 KB · Views: 809
   / John Deere walk behind tractor with sulky and sickle mower #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ John Deere walk behind tractor with sulky and sickle mower #3  
I do not know what you have there but, looks nice!
Welcome to TBN.

/ John Deere walk behind tractor with sulky and sickle mower #4  
Hello & WELCOME to TBN!

Thanks for sharing those pictures. We're glad to have you here. :D

/ John Deere walk behind tractor with sulky and sickle mower #5  
All the doctors I know want to be farmers and all the farmers want to be doctors. I do a 2 acre garden each year for food banks, church kitchens, friends and I eat all the left overs. I am a retired-------(you guess). I bought at a terrific farm consignment auction the JD as listed. It is in beautiful shape , starts right up and easily moves me on board with its 5hp engine. I can not find a model number on it. I need the drive pulley for the front mounted sickle mower. I have a number of pictures of it to help anyone who might be able to identify it. the only reason I am assuming it is a JD is the fresh green and yellow paint and a JD decal on the sulky seat.
thank You for your help.:)

Welcome. That's not a John Deere 2 wheeled garden tractor. I'm pretty sure that's a Bolens. Look it up on the web. I have a Bolens Husky Gardener. Your's is the smaller model I believe.

Bolens used a similar paint scheme to JD. However the colors aren't the same. Good luck!

/ John Deere walk behind tractor with sulky and sickle mower #6  
Hi,
I've been trying to identify an old sulky I have and ran across this post. I have the same sulky and am wondering if it is correct that it is a Bolens? Thank you.

/ John Deere walk behind tractor with sulky and sickle mower
Dear Ronbp: In reply to your question: I have not been able to identify the sickle mower as yet. I really can't say its is a bolens or not at this point. I will probably try again this spring, etc. sure runs nice and cuts some tall grass but not too good in taller weeds such as taller than 10 inches.

/ John Deere walk behind tractor with sulky and sickle mower #9  
WELCOME to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the John Deere Lawn & Garden Forum.

/ John Deere walk behind tractor with sulky and sickle mower #10  
I would p list this photo in the 2 wheel forum, im sure someone there knows.