John Deere 4100 Oil contamination with diesel

/ John Deere 4100 Oil contamination with diesel #1  

Csmesa

Tractor
John Deere 4100
I guys I found that the oil qty in my jd 4100 is increasing by diesel fuel, whats the problem and how to solve it myself

/ John Deere 4100 Oil contamination with diesel #2  
i logged in and asked the same question for my 2020. I was told it may be the diaphragm in the fuel lift, or i believe the front seal or gasket on the fuel pump. if you do a search for "deere 2020 you should find the thread :"fuel in oil" Had a couple of answers, quickly i might add>>Hope this helps

/ John Deere 4100 Oil contamination with diesel
Thank you to the help already solve the problem, i found the fuel pump diaphragm leaking into the engine crank case, repair was very easy just need to remove 2 10 mm hex bolts and 2 hoses clean and install new pump and torque the bolts again to 20 nm, reconnect fuel hoses, purge the system, drain the contaminated oil and install new oil filter, install the oil plug torque it to 27 nm then fill with 2.8 qts of 40 pennzoil diesel oil, then start the engine for 1 minute then turn off and check oil level check for leaks around fuel pump in the next hour that's is all!

/ John Deere 4100 Oil contamination with diesel #4  
Thanks for the step by step, i have not fixed mine yet, but now have the instructions. Hope this fixes mine too

/ John Deere 4100 Oil contamination with diesel #5  
Thanks for the step by step, i have not fixed mine yet, but now have the instructions. Hope this fixes mine too

Are you operating your tractor with the contaminated engine oil?

/ John Deere 4100 Oil contamination with diesel #6  
no, doing some other things with hydraulic system hope to have all done by spring. just noticed the problem after i bought it in July after i changed the oil and found about 4 gallons came out of oil drain. replaced the oil and after about 10 hours of work it is about 1 qt high on oil and smells of diesel.

/ John Deere 4100 Oil contamination with diesel #7  
Thank you to the help already solve the problem, i found the fuel pump diaphragm leaking into the engine crank case, repair was very easy just need to remove 2 10 mm hex bolts and 2 hoses clean and install new pump and torque the bolts again to 20 nm, reconnect fuel hoses, purge the system, drain the contaminated oil and install new oil filter, install the oil plug torque it to 27 nm then fill with 2.8 qts of 40 pennzoil diesel oil, then start the engine for 1 minute then turn off and check oil level check for leaks around fuel pump in the next hour that's is all!
I'm having the same trouble with my 4200 I hope this is my problem and not the injector pump seals.Thanks