D170 vs Cub Cadet GT1054 vs Cub Cadet STLX 1054 vs Husqvarna LGT2554 vs Sears GT6000

/ D170 vs Cub Cadet GT1054 vs Cub Cadet STLX 1054 vs Husqvarna LGT2554 vs Sears GT6000 #11  
My Dad was the same way. We had one old 65 RER we wore out mowing cemeteries and schools, but it took 25 years to do it. He bought a new Roper with an 11HP Briggs that died within 4 years. After that, he bought a new Craftsman that croaked within 4 years. He finally bought another Deere, an LT 160. It now has over 800 hours on it and we've done nothing to it but routine maintenance. I'm convinced that if you want a lifetime tractor, buy a good one, if you like to get a new one every few years, buy a cheap one. :)

/ D170 vs Cub Cadet GT1054 vs Cub Cadet STLX 1054 vs Husqvarna LGT2554 vs Sears GT6000 #12  
Thanks for all the good advice....I decided to go with the Husqvarna GTH26V52LS - fabricated mowing deck (not stamped) and a 26HP Kawasaki motor, can run implements, appears built very well overall, and all for $3k brand new....if the D170 had the Kawasaki motor, I'd have gone with it....

.....the blown Kohler command engine in my Scotts 2048 (with less than 300 hours on it & religiously changed Mobil 1 oil) has me focused on the only other engine choice out there that appears "bullet proof", Kawasaki.....I sure wish more tractors were powered by the Honda GX motor....everything else I own is Honda GX powered, and I can't fault anything in those motors....

Also, it's tough for me to buy used not knowing how well someone has or hasn't taken care of their equipment....alot of the used JD stuff around here that I've run across has been pretty beat up and still commanding a premium price.....

Welcome & good luck with your new Husq
CAUTION: This machine has a very real fire hazard that Husqvarna chooses to ignore.
Please go to website: U.S.Consumer Products Safety Commission and type in:"Husqvarna tractor fire hazard"
You won't find this under recalls (Husq hasn't done this YET), but should be able to find under "reports"
If not, go to Husqvarna "Answer Army" and find a posting dated Nov. 19,2011 by a gentleman named Ron who is unhappy with his Husq.
I also encountered exactly the same dangerous problem as Ron--Fortunately, no one was injured.
Please find this safety report and have your tractor corrected immediately.
All other new 2011 Husky tractor owners are well advised to do the same.

And before the JD owners say "I told you so", JD currently has three (3) tractor recalls in effect right now. Neil