Tractor
    John Deere F935 & 855

Default John Deere F935 Just stopped moving

I have a F935 that just stopped moving and lost all hydraulics while mowing. The mower was working fine and then just stopped moving. At the same time the steering stopped working and the lift for the deck stopped. Engine runs fine and pto works. Drive shaft is turning the charge pump. I have taken the charge pump out and checked it. I have not preasure tested it yet. I have to make a guage up. While it was out changed the seal, bearing, o-ring and pin. Inspected pump for wear and damage and everything looks fine. Checked and cleaned charge, implement and steering relief valves. I also changed the filter. I still have no hydro. Like I said everything was working great right up to the time it stopped. Any help or Ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

Default Re: John Deere F935 Just stopped moving

Had some questions, but sounds like you are deep into this thing. I'd have done some psi checks before tearing the pump out, but that is just me.
    No ideas at the moment. Do you have the tech manual?

Tractor
    John Deere F935 & 855

I do have the John deere tech and repair manual. I would have checked the pump preasure first but did't have the right adapter to fit. It should be here Tuesday.Machine has alot of hours on it so I wanted to check the pump anyway. It is easy to to remove and install.

Tractor
    John Deere F935 & 855

I have finally had time to check my charge pressure. I have only about 15lbs. I have rechecked everything else again and it all looks fine. i think it is internal in the transmission. Anyone have any thoughts.

Tractor
    John Deere f935

My mower just did the same. Did you find out what was the problem with yours.

Tractor
    John Deere F935 & 855

Sorry about not getting back to you to you sooner. Work has been crazy. The problem with mine was the transmission cylinder block for reverse wore out. The splines of the block wore and I was losing all my pump preasure. My mower has over 6000hrs on it so it was due.