John Deere X530 50hr service

/ John Deere X530 50hr service #1  

Hondov65

Tractor
John Deere X530
Just purchased a new 54" X530 in March it just tripped 50hrs yesterday. My question is about the service I lubed the ball joints steering cylinder and spindles. The chart under the hood does not mention anything about the transaxle filter @ 50 hrs but the manual does is this service necessary at 50 hours, also I purchased a tune-up kit and it has no transaxle filter or fluid in it I was told by the parts counter that this kit containd everyting I needed to do the 100 hr maintainance work. my question is does the X530 require transaxle maintainance if so when 50 or 100 hours.:confused:

/ John Deere X530 50hr service #2  
:welcome:

"require" is likely not the right word used.

Not everyone does the 50 hour transaxle service. But it is a good one to shake out the debris picked up from manufacturing, machining, etc. Pretty much your decision when you feel it is time.
I wouldn't read anything into the parts counter guys' comment that the transaxle service is or isn't recommended by what is in the basic kit.

/ John Deere X530 50hr service
I am not new to John Deere bought a L100 back in '03 I was mowing on a slope one day and engine threw a rod :mad:it was a reconditioned mower and 6 months out of warranty. John Deere reccommended a L125 with a pressurized oil system soon after that I traded for the X530 I own now I just want to keep everything working right. I already have the hydaralic fluid (when I got the tractor in March and got it home I noticed it was low in hydralic fluid I went back to the dealer spoke to the mechanic who set it up he gave me a gallon it didn't take but a cup to top it off. Friday I'm gonna' go to the dealer and get the transaxle filter and Saturday morning I'm gonna' get busy thanks for the quick reply and advice.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ John Deere X530 50hr service #4  
I just completed the 50 hr transaxle service on my x534. Not a big deal with the deck off. The filter plug came right out with a 3/8" breaker bar for a handle. You don't need to remove the front drain plug when the filter is serviced. It drains the front sump. Rear drain plug takes care of the rest of the hydro fluid. Refilling is about 6 Qts. I used a flex funnel and a short bungie cord holding it to refill through the plastic top tank. The whole proceedure is outlined in your manual.

/ John Deere X530 50hr service
I just completed the 50 hr transaxle service on my x534. Not a big deal with the deck off. The filter plug came right out with a 3/8" breaker bar for a handle. You don't need to remove the front drain plug when the filter is serviced. It drains the front sump. Rear drain plug takes care of the rest of the hydro fluid. Refilling is about 6 Qts. I used a flex funnel and a short bungie cord holding it to refill through the plastic top tank. The whole proceedure is outlined in your manual.

I did the transaxle service today easy as pie but if you are changing the filter there is no way of getting around of removing thge front plug.

/ John Deere X530 50hr service #6  
Allow me to clairify my earlier statement.
You won't need to remove the 10mm plug in the bottom of the front sump when you are changing the filter too. The filter cap drains the front sump as well as allows access to exchange the filter element. Don't overlook the drain plug in the back of the transaxle. There is fluid in that sump that won't drain from the front.