JD X740 comparsion Kubota 326 ZTR

/ JD X740 comparsion Kubota 326 ZTR #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
I finally got some seat time on my JD X740( diesel engine 60 inch deck) mowing our property.This is my JD X740 comparsion verses the 2007 Kubota(diesel engine 60 inch deck) p326 ZTR I just sold.Both mowers are quality made with heavy mowing decks.The JD yanmar diesel is quetier than the kubota diesel.The kubota mowed much faster,but the ride was rougher.The JD has a very tight turning radius but not as tight as the ZTR(of course). The kubota did not suck up grass againest the screens like the JD does.The JD does not tear up the grass as much.As far as time wise mowing I might have lost 10-15 min. mow time with the JD.The JD has a top speed of 8.5 MPH and the kubota 10.5 if I remember correctly.IMHO both are very nice mowers and should give many years of dependable service.coobie

Last edited:
   / JD X740 comparsion Kubota 326 ZTR #2  
John Deere sells a kit that installs across the front edge of the mowing deck that greatly reduces the amount of debris that blow out the front of the mowing deck and are pulled upwards to the screens. The cost is in the 40-50 dollar range. If interested, you may want to talk to the parts person at your Dealership.

/ JD X740 comparsion Kubota 326 ZTR
John Deere sells a kit that installs across the front edge of the mowing deck that greatly reduces the amount of debris that blow out the front of the mowing deck and are pulled upwards to the screens. The cost is in the 40-50 dollar range. If interested, you may want to talk to the parts person at your Dealership.
Will it fit the 7 Iron deck?coobie

/ JD X740 comparsion Kubota 326 ZTR #4  
Very interesting! Was heading out to dealer to order fenders for my X740, may look at the deck retro instead or do I do both? Thought the fenders would be a big help, but obviously not a "cure all". I run mulch kit on deck 90% of the time. Junk getting on inlet screens and having to blow out radiator often is my biggest con with this tractor. Anyone added fenders after some experience without them? :confused:

/ JD X740 comparsion Kubota 326 ZTR
I found out today this kit is not available for the 60 inch 7 iron deck.coobie

/ JD X740 comparsion Kubota 326 ZTR #6  
From info I found on the Deere website a year or so ago, the bagger (3 bags) and blower assembly is not available for the 7-Iron deck either. Is this still the case ?

/ JD X740 comparsion Kubota 326 ZTR #7  

I installed this kit on my 54C deck. It helped very little. If I recall it is the anti blowout kit.

/ JD X740 comparsion Kubota 326 ZTR #8  
Very interesting! Was heading out to dealer to order fenders for my X740, may look at the deck retro instead or do I do both? Thought the fenders would be a big help, but obviously not a "cure all". I run mulch kit on deck 90% of the time. Junk getting on inlet screens and having to blow out radiator often is my biggest con with this tractor. Anyone added fenders after some experience without them? :confused:

My 748SE has fenders but I doun't think they do anything for the screen problem. All the junk is floating around in the air from the mower, not the wheels. They are nice in winter to keep slush from splashing up.

/ JD X740 comparsion Kubota 326 ZTR #9  
I run my mower without a mulch kit because the clippings dry up and wither away so fast, I don't feel mulching is needed. My locale has low humidity most of the time and that can make a difference too.

Not using the mulch kit (I did try it out) I never have the clippings stuck to the screens and don't have to breathe them either.

/ JD X740 comparsion Kubota 326 ZTR #10  
Just back from dealer and they were honest and said don't bother with baffle or fenders! Responses seem to agree, so saved me some $ probably little to no improvement. Thanks guys! Opinions do matter!:thumbsup: