47" Snowblower Question

/ 47" Snowblower Question #1  

psdx

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030
I want to order some better skid shoes for my John Deere 47" snowblower before it arrives to cut down on the overall wait time. Could someone that has this snowblower measure the distance between the skid shoe mounting holes? Thanks in advance!

/ 47" Snowblower Question #2  
The skid shoes are pretty sturdy. I suppose you could weld a plate on the bottom of each shoe for longer life.

There are quite a few models of the 47" but they may all use the same shoe. Get the serial number of your blower and order that way.

/ 47" Snowblower Question #3  
My 2011 47 blower is 4.5" between the holes.

/ 47" Snowblower Question
bradkramer said:
My 2011 47 blower is 4.5" between the holes.

Thanks. I'm going to try a set from snowblowerskids.com. I like the larger runner for staying on top of the gravel. Thanks again!

/ 47" Snowblower Question #5  
Thanks. I'm going to try a set from snowblowerskids.com. I like the larger runner for staying on top of the gravel. Thanks again!

I hadn't heard about snowblowerskids.com; but now just ordered a pair for my JD 47. That's what I've been looking for, since I have over 300' of gravel and more when I go do the neighbor's place.

I'd think that going from a 6" to a 12" skid will help. For $37 it's worth a try. Sometimes I think a blower that wide should have some type of a center skid that extends forward. (most of us with gravel have the scraper bar up an inch anyway). Haven't seen anything like that, however.

thanks for the tip.

Attachments

• IMG_0695.JPG
    IMG_0695.JPG
    405.4 KB · Views: 570
....hmmmm.... Based on another post, I think the 47" snowblower that bradkramer was kind enough to measure is different from the snowblower I was referring to. The 47" blower for the current x500 series is belt driven. The version for my x575 (predecessor to the x700 series) is PTO driven. As I understand it, this same blower is used on a number of different current and recent vintage large-frame garden tractors and SCUTs. I believe (again as I understand it - I am new to John Deere hardware) the blower is near universal in its application and the quick hitch and PTO shafts are based on the tractor frame being used with this blower.

So I'm still interested if someone would be so kind and to let me know the spacing of the skid mounting holes in this blower I would be most appreciative. Thanks!

/ 47" Snowblower Question #7  
I think the only difference in those blowers is the drive system and mounting hitches. Shoes should be the same.

Gittyup said:
I think the only difference in those blowers is the drive system and mounting hitches. Shoes should be the same.

I picked my snowblower up today. You were right.

I put this together and installed it today. It sure seems noisy - kind of like a whine. But I've never owned a snowblower like this before so I don't know what's normal. I lubricated all the zerk fittings and the chain. I checked the gear box to make sure it had oil. For those of you that have a John Deere snowblower, do they have a bit of a whine? Normal or not?

BTW - this is a 47" and it has the plastic fan.

Attachments

• image-3847126486.png
    image-3847126486.png
    950.8 KB · Views: 3,601
   / 47" Snowblower Question #10  
I just had this brain flash tonight for gravel driveways.

I just went out and raised my 47'' blower up about 4 feet in the garage and took some quick measurements and notes.

This blower

03blowtill.jpg

Rob