Swapping Tires/Rims On 475

/ Swapping Tires/Rims On 475 #1  

2manytoyz

Tractor
John Deere X475
Looking at a 475 with liquid filled bar tires. Wanting to rplace with turf tires. The OEM tire size is 26x12x12. OEM rim is a 12x9.5. I want to know if a 12x8.5 rim off a 300 series will fit on 475 with no problems. Also will 26x12x12 turf tires fit on a 1" narrower rim? JD wants $105 per rim and $232 per tire:shocked:

/ Swapping Tires/Rims On 475 #2  
My gut feeling is yes they will work but to make sure be best to call you local JD dealer and ask them..

/ Swapping Tires/Rims On 475 #3  
I think they will work also, but I would talk to a tire shop, when I worked at deere as a mechanic, we didn't do anything with tires except for putting in plugs. If you put a 26x12x12 tire on an inch narrower tire of would balloon out a little more I would rhink it would be fine.

/ Swapping Tires/Rims On 475
Went in different direction. I removed valve core and drained fluid in tires. Then dismounted tires and cleaned up the mess on rims. Ther was some corrosion and pitting in steel but all of it was in center of rims. Wire brushed and sanded bad spots then repainted. Now getting ready to purchase new turf tires to mount. :thumbsup:Thanks for all replies