Hydro Check Valves

/ Hydro Check Valves #1  

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 3520
I am looking for a source for a pair of check valves for a hydrostatic transmission in a 317. I mean the free wheeling valves on top of the hydro. I hate to go to the dealer because I know these are extremely pricey. But if I can't find any I guess I'll bite the bullet. Hopefully this will be the last parts i need for my 317 restoration. Everything else seems to be working fine. I got ready to put the fender pan on and noticed the valves dripping. After all this work I am not going to put up with any leaks. I intend to use this mower for many years to come so I'm not going to get cheap now.

/ Hydro Check Valves #2  
What is the part number?

/ Hydro Check Valves
The part # for the check valves are AM32939. Two are required.

/ Hydro Check Valves #4  
If they are just dripping can you replace the seals? Or are these permanently assemble units?

/ Hydro Check Valves #5  
That is for the kit.
If working and just leaking, maybe can just replace the 0-rings to satisfy the leak? Or is it internal to that valve?

Attachments

• 317_checkvalve.JPG
    317_checkvalve.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,143
   / Hydro Check Valves #6  
If the fluid is leaking out of the little "button" on top,they pretty much need replaced. There is a fix though I saw posted on WFM,but you need to basically disassemble the entire valve and the person that explained it had a lathe to perform the task.....I didn't.
When I found out that you can purchase them from someone other than JD for a whole lot less,fixing them became a non issue.

I paid with 58.00 apiece for them in Aug. of 2010. Total with shipping to my door was 128.89.:) Can't beat that,considering what JD wants for one. I can't remember,but it was stupid expensive. Hope this helps.

Here is where you can get them:

LJ Fluid Power Inc
10118 S M-43 Highway
Delton,MI 49046
phone.....269-623-4150

Their part number is LJ-3103132

Greg

/ Hydro Check Valves #7  
Through Deere they appear to be about $121 each.

But good to have the info where you found them.

/ Hydro Check Valves #8  
Thanks beenthere,I wasn't sure what JD's price was.
I thought they were more ,but 121.00 isn't "stupid expensive":) as I stated.But being able to get both for about the price of one is pretty good.:thumbsup:

Greg

/ Hydro Check Valves #9  
Amen to that. :thumbsup:

/ Hydro Check Valves
I was quoted a price of 134.00 at my dealer. That is why I was looking for a different source. After listening to a deere mechanic. I decided to take mine apart and see if there was a possible fix. I used a dremel tool to grind down the end and take the cap off. After I did this I went to Napa and bought the smallest o-ring the parts guy said they carried. I reassembled the valve and took it to a local welder and had him tack weld the cap back on. Its not pretty but I bought the rest of the o-rings from deere and put it back in. Absolutely no leaks. So for the grand total of 15.00 dollars I stopped my leaking. I tried it out and every thing works as it should. My welder thought his work was so sloppy he would'nt even charge me. It's about time I fixed something without it costing me an arm and a leg. Thanks for the good information.