First day of blowing with X530

/ First day of blowing with X530 #1  

bradkramer

Tractor
John Deere X530
Man, what an improvement from my old Craftsman that didn't have power lift, power steering or traction control. Now blowing snow just takes a couple fingers, leaving my other hand for the hot mug of coffee. Add in the Peltor digital headset for hearing protection, ear warmth and radio; this was too much fun. Now I just need more snow.

Attachments

• IMG_0695.JPG
    IMG_0695.JPG
    405.4 KB · Views: 911
   / First day of blowing with X530 #2  
Very nice set up with the cab and all.:thumbsup:

/ First day of blowing with X530 #3  
Nice setup for sure:thumbsup:

How much time does the new rig save you?

/ First day of blowing with X530 #4  
I can definitely relate. I had an old Sears tractor and the level of refinement in the newer equipment is light years ahead of the old stuff. That "snow tool" looks awesome.

/ First day of blowing with X530 #5  
Looks good, now you are wishing for snow.

/ First day of blowing with X530
Nice setup for sure:thumbsup:

How much time does the new rig save you?

Probably not much time savings since my Craftsman had a 42" blower. But it'll sure save wear & tear on ME. The old tractor had a heavy manual lift and was really hard to steer with the blower weight up front. Part of the reason for getting the JD was to make it easy for my wife to blow snow since I'm out of town a lot. Yes, I bought it for her. Really.

For me it'll maybe cost more time, since I'll be driving to all the neighbors looking for more snow to play in.

Would love a heater, but the alternator isn't big enough to put in anything significant. I keep my shop at 40 degrees and preheat the cab with a 110 volt heater which helps. This morning I was out for an hour at 5 degrees F outside and didn't have to dress real warm to be fine inside the cab.

Now hoping for 100" of snow like last year.

/ First day of blowing with X530 #7  
Hoping for a lot of snow?? are you crazy?

As for your heater solution, there should be an option that runs off of your radiator like your truck / car with very low wattage needed for a fan. Check it out.

Back to the snow...I doubt you'll have problems finding snow soon.

/ First day of blowing with X530 #8  
gbomalley said:

As for your heater solution, there should be an option that runs off of your radiator like your truck / car with very low wattage needed for a fan. Check it out.

The x530 is air cooled, so the heater options are limited at best

/ First day of blowing with X530

Crazy... yes. But I'll be comfortable crazy inside the tractor cab.

The radiator option would be nice, but the X530 is air cooled. With a heated shop and preheated cab I don't really NEED a heater, just like the thought of having one.

I could maybe do a heat muff on the exhaust (like on air-cooled airplane engines), but I doubt there is enough exposed exhaust pipe or room to do that. Or a hitch box with a deep cycle battery and 1500 watt inverter to run a 110v heater, at least until the battery dies.

But really... long underwear and hot coffee is the easiest solution. Just not as fun. :cool:

/ First day of blowing with X530 #10  
Brad why did you go with the x530 over the x540?