X700 series

/ X700 series #71  
The aws is a Rube Goldberg design if you ask me. Why not get a zero turn with a roll bar and a seat belt. You ever use one ? Way faster than any tractor mower. my 2 cents

I have tried a zero turn and the comparison is like apples and oranges. If you are primarily just mowing a zero turn would fit your needs. Can you put a snow blower, front blade, 3 pt hitch or pto on a zero turn? I really like my AWS, it would not suit everyone's needs, but it works for me. I would assume that is why John Deer makes many models.:thumbsup:

/ X700 series #72  
The aws is a Rube Goldberg design if you ask me. Why not get a zero turn with a roll bar and a seat belt. You ever use one ? Way faster than any tractor mower. my 2 cents

If I could find a 60" zero turn that will hug 37+ degree and still let the deck follow the ground I would be interested. Some may follow this steep terrain but cannot do a 360 in this situation.

Our overall lawn is very rolling and I have the deck gauge wheels rolling all the time. I have even installed needle bearings into the gauge wheels to get them to last longer and it seems to be working well.

Then I would have to figure out what to do for a loader, 3 pt hitch, and pto...

/ X700 series #73  
If I could find a 60" zero turn that will hug 37+ degree and still let the deck follow the ground I would be interested. Some may follow this steep terrain but cannot do a 360 in this situation.

Our overall lawn is very rolling and I have the deck gauge wheels rolling all the time. I have even installed needle bearings into the gauge wheels to get them to last longer and it seems to be working well.

Then I would have to figure out what to do for a loader, 3 pt hitch, and pto...

Yep, completely ignores all the things a tractor can do that a zero turn cannot. If and only if all you want to do is mow, and mow on relatively flat terrain, then and only then is a zero turn the best option.

/ X700 series
Gittyup said:
Yep, completely ignores all the things a tractor can do that a zero turn cannot. If and only if all you want to do is mow, and mow on relatively flat terrain, then and only then is a zero turn the best option.

But we aren't mowing flat terrain