Powerflo - What's it work like?

/ Powerflo - What's it work like? #1  

JDTank

Platinum Member
Is a powerflo bagger worth the money?

I am curious how well the blower works. Cutting wet grass is pretty common in my area, so I need a blower that has the power to push grass up the chute.

What concerns me about the Powerflo is that it's belt driven off of the deck. Does that one blade lose speed becuase the powerflo is robbing power from it? Is there no other way to power it?

I am surprised someone hasn't invented an electric one yet that you just plug into a 12V socket on the machine.

/ Powerflo - What's it work like? #2  
Is a powerflo bagger worth the money?

I am curious how well the blower works. Cutting wet grass is pretty common in my area, so I need a blower that has the power to push grass up the chute.

What concerns me about the Powerflo is that it's belt driven off of the deck. Does that one blade lose speed becuase the powerflo is robbing power from it? Is there no other way to power it?

I am surprised someone hasn't invented an electric one yet that you just plug into a 12V socket on the machine.

If it robbed power from the engine belt driven, then it would rob even more power if driven by electricity. The electrical conversion is not 100% efficient. However there is no way enough power would come out of the lighter socket or the entire electrical system to power a blower for any length of time.

/ Powerflo - What's it work like?
If it robbed power from the engine belt driven, then it would rob even more power if driven by electricity. The electrical conversion is not 100% efficient. However there is no way enough power would come out of the lighter socket or the entire electrical system to power a blower for any length of time.

That's true, but I think the diesel X7xx series with the alternators could produce enough juice with a brushless motor. Brushless motors are extremely efficient, powerful, and virtually maintenance free.

/ Powerflo - What's it work like? #4  
That's true, but I think the diesel X7xx series with the alternators could produce enough juice with a brushless motor. Brushless motors are extremely efficient, powerful, and virtually maintenance free.

You will still loose a fair amount of power. The alternator takes torque off the engine as well.

/ Powerflo - What's it work like? #5  
They work great. You'll never notice the power loss, it's totally inconsequential. They've been making them for decades, the design is sound and proven.

You will still loose a fair amount of power. The alternator takes torque off the engine as well.

Much less then a belt driven turbine.

At any rate, from what I have read today it seems they are a great system, so I think I will have to throw one in with my X740 order.

Now, are there any bagging setups that can be emptied from the seat? I don't want the mesh bags, would like something I can empty from the seat for efficiency.

/ Powerflo - What's it work like? #7  
Much less then a belt driven turbine.

At any rate, from what I have read today it seems they are a great system, so I think I will have to throw one in with my X740 order.

Now, are there any bagging setups that can be emptied from the seat? I don't want the mesh bags, would like something I can empty from the seat for efficiency.

Is not the alternator driven off of a belt. There is no free lunch here. Sorry to belabor the point.

/ Powerflo - What's it work like? #8  
The power flow blower works great, at least for me the last 15 years. There may be a "wet grass" limit, but I haven't found it yet. Only time I get a plug is from not emptying the bag/cart in time.

Get a hyd. dump MC519 cart. I just dump the cart from the tractor seat.

Attachments

• MC519_dumping.jpg
    MC519_dumping.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 260
The power flow blower works great, at least for me the last 15 years. There may be a "wet grass" limit, but I haven't found it yet. Only time I get a plug is from not emptying the bag/cart in time.

Get a hyd. dump MC519 cart. I just dump the cart from the tractor seat.

That's awesome! Where did you find a kit for turning that MC519 hydraulic?? If thats possible then i think thats my solution! The only reason i ever steered clear of the MC519 was the lack of power lift, or hydraulic.

/ Powerflo - What's it work like? #10  
I bought it through my Deere dealer. Very handy.
PM me if you want the name. I believe someone made them for this dealer. Have had mine for ?? yrs, since '99 or so.