3 Point for X749

/ 3 Point for X749 #11  
If you mean the hydraulics for the 3ph it uses the same cylinder as the deck lift but the cylinder position is changed.

If you mean where the hydraulics originate from the hydrostatic drive system provides the hydraulic flow and pressure.

How difficult is it to switch the position from the deck lift to the 3 pt hitch or maybe better stated, how quickly can it be done?

/ 3 Point for X749 #12  
How difficult is it to switch the position from the deck lift to the 3 pt hitch or maybe better stated, how quickly can it be done?

Once you install the 3ph kit the cylinder stays in the new position, the 3ph and deck both work together. You can lock the deck in the up position or remove the entire deck while using the 3ph. It isn't necessary to fool with the cylinder to use either the mower or 3ph.

/ 3 Point for X749 #13  
Once you install the 3ph kit the cylinder stays in the new position, the 3ph and deck both work together. You can lock the deck in the up position or remove the entire deck while using the 3ph. It isn't necessary to fool with the cylinder to use either the mower or 3ph.

I appreciate your response, it now makes better sense to me, there are attachments I would like that require the 3ph. Thanks.

/ 3 Point for X749 #14  
Do the 3ph arms remove quickly so you can use the powerflo and grass collection bags? I have been tempted to put a 3ph on my x728 but I use the grass collector every week, while I would use the 3ph once every few weeks at most.

/ 3 Point for X749 #15  
Do the 3ph arms remove quickly so you can use the powerflo and grass collection bags? I have been tempted to put a 3ph on my x728 but I use the grass collector every week, while I would use the 3ph once every few weeks at most.

I read on another site that John Deere says the Click N Go bracket is not compatible with the 3ph. But, the brackets are compatible if you remove the three point arms. I hope that helps. Jim http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=221654

Last edited:
   / 3 Point for X749 #16  
I found the same generic 3ph that the start of this thread posted:

3 Point Hitch Kit: CAT-0 -- 3 Piont Hitch Kits

I am about to purchase a core aerator. I would really like to get a 3ph version but I don't have a lot of extra money to spend above my aerator. This hitch kit is only $179. The question is can I make it work?

I know OEM is best and the other one you guys have posted is good but it is also double the money. Just trying to determine if this kit could be made to work. I have a welder and fab equip to make some mods (if within my abilities!)

thanks for any help

/ 3 Point for X749 #17  
Left out one important detail:confused3:
I have an X485

/ 3 Point for X749 #18  
Do you have the rest of the linkage in place? Without it you will be short on other necessary parts. Just a guess but I doubt anything in that kit would fit your tractor.

/ 3 Point for X749 #19  
Nope. I don't have anything for the back at all. Maybe it would be worth it for me to just get one from rueggmfg.com. I really did not want to spend that money but I REALLY want to have an aerator on a 3ph. That would sure open the door for some other goodies down the road :thumbsup:

/ 3 Point for X749 #20  
I found the same generic 3ph that the start of this thread posted:

3 Point Hitch Kit: CAT-0 -- 3 Piont Hitch Kits

I am about to purchase a core aerator. I would really like to get a 3ph version but I don't have a lot of extra money to spend above my aerator. This hitch kit is only $179. The question is can I make it work?

I know OEM is best and the other one you guys have posted is good but it is also double the money. Just trying to determine if this kit could be made to work. I have a welder and fab equip to make some mods (if within my abilities!)

thanks for any help

I think if your going to keep the tractor for awhile, double the money is worth not having the hassle of a generic kit that will be a huge headache. The John Deere parts maybe expensive in comparison, but are specifically engineered to fit. Just my opinion.