X740, or X748.

/ X740, or X748.
I had $11,400 (cash)out the door price on my 2011 X 740 with deere $350 rebate.Options were susp.seat,front grill gaurd,7 iron deck.coobie

How in the world did you get so lucky? Man I wish I could get U.S pricing.

I was quoted $12,815 for a X740 with a 7-Iron deck, with NO OPTIONS. No SE seat, no front fenders, no grill guard.

For a X748SE with a 7-Iron, I was quoted $15,832.

The other problem, tack 12%, yes, 12% on top of those numbers for sales tax in this Province. Suddenly that X748SE, is $18,056.48

....How in the **** would I sleep at night, knowing I paid $18,000 for a overgrown riding mower?

/ X740, or X748. #12  
I have a 455 with bar tires and rear wheel weights. I don't use it to push much any more these days, but it did quite well even without chains. With chains it really did well. I don't miss having AWD and if I were to upgrade it would be between 740 and 744. I use a 3pt tiller so probably 740.

/ X740, or X748.
Well, I just got back from the dealer, I finally had the chance to sit on a X7xx series, a X749 to be exact.

That is hands down, THEE most comfortable and well thought out tractor I have ever sat on! I could have slept like a baby in that captains chair! I am 6 ft 3 and I had plenty of room for my legs, I could have been another 8 inches taller and STILL had space.

I love these X7xx machines.

/ X740, or X748. #14  
The x7xx machines are indeed awesome. I was checking them out last time I got parts. I have an x575 which is basically the same thing, but the diesel version would be nice.... I just can't help but compare them to the Kubota BX series then I'm stuck....

/ X740, or X748. #15  
The other problem, tack 12%, yes, 12% on top of those numbers for sales tax in this Province. Suddenly that X748SE, is $18,056.48

....How in the **** would I sleep at night, knowing I paid $18,000 for a overgrown riding mower?

Yeah that sure is a good chunk of change. Makes me feel better about the amount I paid for my GT.

/ X740, or X748. #16  
I was in your position last spring. Wanted the X7 for a long time. I was tipped off here, or maybe another forum, to take a peek at the Kubota BX machines. I hadn't even considered them up to that point. It was not a simple choice as both machines are equal in quality. Comparably equiped the Kubota was a bargan.

/ X740, or X748. #17  
I have the 2WD X720SE which is the gas version of the X740 and it pushes snow great!

/ X740, or X748. #18  
I had an X485 which was 2wd and never had an issue getting stuck, it needed weight in the back to push snow. Now I have X728 and it's 4wd, it's a huge difference when mowing. Automatic 4wd adjusts to slipping wheels, for me it was money well spent on the 4wd. Looking forward to some snow to see how well 4wd works, I'll post some photo's there is 3-4 inches of snow in the forecast for tomorrow.

/ X740, or X748.
Just phoned a John Deere dealership in Alberta, next Province east of us, you won't believe it, a whopping $2,000 cheaper. YES, TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS cheaper. I almost fell off my chair.

My local dealer was trying to charge me for setup fees, $300 worth, this new dealer told me that is included in the price of the machine. His price for the machine, with setup fees included, was cheaper then the local dealers price for the machine with no setup fees.

X748SE with the 7-Iron is what I am getting!

/ X740, or X748. #20  
Just phoned a John Deere dealership in Alberta, next Province east of us, you won't believe it, a whopping $2,000 cheaper. YES, TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS cheaper. I almost fell off my chair.

My local dealer was trying to charge me for setup fees, $300 worth, this new dealer told me that is included in the price of the machine. His price for the machine, with setup fees included, was cheaper then the local dealers price for the machine with no setup fees.

X748SE with the 7-Iron is what I am getting!

Awesome Choice:thumbsup: