X740, or X748.

/ X740, or X748. #21  
Just phoned a John Deere dealership in Alberta, next Province east of us, you won't believe it, a whopping $2,000 cheaper. YES, TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS cheaper. I almost fell off my chair.

My local dealer was trying to charge me for setup fees, $300 worth, this new dealer told me that is included in the price of the machine. His price for the machine, with setup fees included, was cheaper then the local dealers price for the machine with no setup fees.

X748SE with the 7-Iron is what I am getting!
You won,t be disappointed with your choice.coobie

/ X740, or X748. #22  
JDTank, let's be clear here, you ordered it? When is delivery (or maybe pick up in this case)? Congrat's (if you did in fact buy it).

/ X740, or X748. #23  
u shouldnt be worried about pushing anything with your 700 series let alone any type of horse crap. my tiny 325 tractor pushes anything including wet topsoil with not a hiccup. just look at my video and look how full the blade was while i backfilled my trench. coulda handled more
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGNkH4DJL5Q&list=UUSSFUkguBXBANxXL8YRZx1g&index=1&feature=plcp]john deere 325 - YouTube[/ame]

/ X740, or X748.
JDTank, let's be clear here, you ordered it? When is delivery (or maybe pick up in this case)? Congrat's (if you did in fact buy it).

Going to order it in about 2 weeks time, just before the pre-season rebate expires.

The dealer I am dealing with is 12 hours away, but I still have a lot of trucking connections, including my dad who is still an owner operator for a heavy haul company in the prairies. He goes through this place all the time, and he said he would pick it up and bring it out this way for free. So I will save $2,000 by buying from Alberta instead of Saskatchewan.

My dealer even tried to charge me $289 for setup fee's. The dealer I am dealing with in Alberta informed me today that setup fee's should be included in the cost of the machine, and I was being hosed by my local dealer.

Really no incentive for me to buy local. What I understand from the dealer in Alberta is my local dealer is not allowed to refuse warranty work on a machine, since John Deere is a worldwide network. My local dealer won't repair machines bought in the U.S, but every other dealer in Canada will.

Long story short, my local dealer has there nose in the air from the stick that's up there ***

/ X740, or X748.
u shouldnt be worried about pushing anything with your 700 series let alone any type of horse crap. my tiny 325 tractor pushes anything including wet topsoil with not a hiccup. just look at my video and look how full the blade was while i backfilled my trench. coulda handled more
john deere 325 - YouTube

Wow, that's better then I imagined, pushed that dirt like nothing! I can imagine how good the heavy, AWD X748 will do!

/ X740, or X748. #26  
Wow, that's better then I imagined, pushed that dirt like nothing! I can imagine how good the heavy, AWD X748 will do!

thats what im sayin man. with your tractor, you should be able to push a house down. man my tractor doesnt even have a locking diff. one wheel peel all the way

/ X740, or X748. #28  
JD, not sure if you have ordered yet. PM me if you'd like to know who I'd recommend you have a chat with to see what kind of price my local dealer can offer you. I've bought all my tractors (X585/X748/2720/3320) and 7 quads from him. Very fair.

/ X740, or X748.
JD, not sure if you have ordered yet. PM me if you'd like to know who I'd recommend you have a chat with to see what kind of price my local dealer can offer you. I've bought all my tractors (X585/X748/2720/3320) and 7 quads from him. Very fair.

I informed my local dealer I was going to purchase from Alberta about 5 days ago, and he didn't talk to me for 5 days :laughing: He insisted I must buy something from them in order for them to continue to give me quotes, or you know, DO THERE JOB!

I managed to get them down in price to $17,000 for the X748SE with the 7-Iron deck. The cheapest quote I found in Alberta was about $16,400.

For $600 difference, I think I might be better off to go with my local dealer. I started thinking about it, and I am a bit concerned about, what happens if I get a lemon machine? They will reluctantly do warranty work, but they wouldn't do an exchange. Any business I need from them in the past will be a nightmare because they will always remember I didn't support them. If $600 means I can get good service and never have to worry about such things, then so be it. Won't be the first $600 I've wasted.

/ X740, or X748. #30  
I'm not sure I would drive 12 hours to save $600, and I am assuming that is one way. The bad thing about the dealer next to you, once a dick, always be a dick, only $600 richer.
If you get a tractor with him, it sounds like he would be a nightmare to work with regardless. If he gives you grief about work needed to be done later on, just go to the district representative and keep going up the ladder to get things done.

More than likely you won't have any trouble with yours anyway because those tractors are reliable. It is just to bad that some dealers treat customers that way.