17P/18 utility carts

/ 17P/18 utility carts #1  

JDTank

Platinum Member
Does anyone have these?

I am looking to add one to my order and I can't decide which one.

Do they have assisted lifting? I can't imagine trying to lift a cart with 1,200 pounds of material in it without a gas shock or some sort of mechanical help.

The 17P looks like it would suffer the same problem as wheelbarrows with a 45 degree angle, it never completely dumps. Your always left shoveling out a small portion of material that sits on the 45 degree angle part of the wheelbarrow.

How does the tailgate come off of the 18 cart? Is it an issue trying to remove it when the load of material is pressing up against it?

Thanks!

/ 17P/18 utility carts #2  
I have the 17P, and you are correct - can't completely dump it - I usually end up unhooking it from the tractor, grabbing it by the tow bar, and pushing it up almost vertical to get the last bit of dirt or mulch out. The bed is not hyd assisted either. Having said that, I like it - it does a great job hauling anything I can fit in it...

/ 17P/18 utility carts #3  
My vote is for the 18P cart, taller sides for less spillage and swingout tailgate for complete dumping. If you throw a bunch of big rocks in it you can dent it.

/ 17P/18 utility carts #4  
Like he says the 18 is steel so doesn't look as nice after use but the tailgate can be removed fairly easy and also can hinge at the top while the bottom swings away making it easier to get all the material out. Both are nice carts imo.

/ 17P/18 utility carts #5  
Although I see the definite advantages of the 18P, more capacity, taller sides, functional tailgate, I would go with the Poly Cart for obvious reasons of less rust, denting, paint scratching. The weight capacity is significantly more with the 18P. To each his own.

/ 17P/18 utility carts #6  
I have the 17P Poly cart. The dumping is a small issue, although it is easy to pull the remaining material out with a rake or potato hook. It is also easy to unhook and dump the remaining small amount. Probably takes about thirty seconds to unhook and dump.

The 17P wagon carries plenty for me and I love the fact that it doesn't rust. Also there is no tailgate to deal with.

Just my thoughts

Andy

/ 17P/18 utility carts #7  
I have the 17P Poly cart. The dumping is a small issue, although it is easy to pull the remaining material out with a rake or potato hook. It is also easy to unhook and dump the remaining small amount. Probably takes about thirty seconds to unhook and dump.

The 17P wagon carries plenty for me and I love the fact that it doesn't rust. Also there is no tailgate to deal with.

Just my thoughts

Andy

Their both good small carts but the bottom of the 18P is alot larger providing more room to haul stuff. Right now I have a fencing project goin on at home and I am carrying six 5 gal buckets of water and a Honda genset in the rear of the cart. They wouldn't fit in the 17P but will easily fit in the flat bottom 18P. Not a deal breaker by any means but JDtanks new x748 can easily make use of the larger cart.