Replacement Connectors?

/ Replacement Connectors? #1  

pkut

Tractor
John Deere L111
Does John Deere sell replacement electrical connectors? My L111 lawn tractor won't crank over. The battery is brand new and when I turn the ignition switch to the headlight position, they come on. I pulled the neutral safety switch (John Deere P/N GY20094) out and it doesn't look good. I couldn't even unplug it from it's connector. I had to pull the wires out of the connector and mark them for reconnection.
My question is, do they sell replacement connectors for the wiring harness? I'm going to need to connect a new one to the wires that I marked. Thanks for any help with this.

/ Replacement Connectors? #2  
:welcome:
You have the part no. so have you called your Deere dealer parts dept.? Or have you tried jdparts.com ?

That I'd give a try, and hope they will sell the part.

A pic of the problem would maybe help if another suggestion is needed.

From the intro, sounds like the tractor won't start.
Have you already isolated the problem to be the neutral safety switch?

/ Replacement Connectors?
Thank you for your input. I haven't isolated the problem for sure yet, but I know I have to replace this switch (or bypass it, which I don't want to do) . To be able to replace it, I'm going to need a means of connecting the new switch back up to the four wires that I've marked. The connector doesn't have a seperate part number. It is part of the wiring harness which does have a part number. I don't want to have to buy and replace the complete wiring harness. It's unnecessary cost and work. This is my dilemma with the whole thing.
I just found out about all of this yesterday, so I'll have to go to my John Deere dealer on Monday morning to see what they have to help me out.