GT 245

/ GT 245 #1  

devildog1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Grand L 3540 HST-3, R4's
Does anyone have a GT245 Garden tractor? Have you had good luck with it? Reason is I'm going to look at used one tomorrow that has 200 hours on it, owner said it was just serviced and in good condition.The asking price is $1,850. Firm, think it's worth it?

Thanks, DevilDog

/ GT 245
WoW!!! 44 views and no-one knows anything about this garden tractor.
DevilDog

/ GT 245 #3  
I remember seeing something about the 20 HP Kawasaki's having a problem running rich? I'd research it some more on the forum. I also remember a owner saying that he got a GT225 over the GT245. Just passing some information for your own good...not trying to discourage or kill a potential deal. Maybe it's was a problem in the past and has been corrected? Hopefully some owner's will chime in...

/ GT 245 #4  
I have a GT 225, same tractor, different engine. Mine is a 16HP kohler. Absolutely love it. best machine I own. Hands down.

/ GT 245 #5  
Hey devil dog,
I have a gt245 with the 20 hp Kawasaki engine. I have over 300 hours and have had no issues. Kept in garage and properly maintained. The price seems really cheap to me? What size deck does it have? Any other attachments like the powerflow bagger? One thing to check while test driving is make sure the tractor goes up hill with no hesitation. One complaint that others have had is burning up the tranny. This could be a concern if the previous owner used it to plow snow. Also check out the thread about torq tuff K56 upgrade. Other members have upgraded the
tranny to make it more bullet proof.
Good luck
Dave

/ GT 245 #8  
Good luck,
Let us know how you made out. I would be curious how he broke the fan on the powerflow? Check the belt that runs the powerflow as well.
Dave

/ GT 245 #9  
Devil Dog;

Yeah, I own a GT 245. It's a solid machine, and you won't be disappointed. The 20 HP Kawasaki is a beast and takes on my my VERY steep hilly yard with no problem. I am 6'9" , 300 lbs so that is saying alot. Going rates on the other GT 245's I was shopping was nothing under 3 G's, so 1850.00 is an excellent price. I did buy mine for 1600.00 but it was a friend, so that price shouldn't be used as a bench mark.

/ GT 245 #10  
WoW!!! 44 views and no-one knows anything about this garden tractor.
DevilDog

You limited responses in your OP to those who had a GT 245. So be patient if you put limits on who can answer. The assumption that "no-one knows anything about this garden tractor" wasn't correct.

They are good tractors. Hope you can find that out. :)