Deere 318 Oil pan

/ Deere 318 Oil pan #1  

monster318

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 318
I have been an unfortunate owner of broken feet on the oil pan of my 318. Looking through ebay for a "new to me" uncracked oil pan, I see many for the "P" Series engine but none for the B43 engine. Will these pans work on the B43 engine?

Also is this a common problem? and is there any fix that can prevent this from happening again?

/ Deere 318 Oil pan #2  
Seems they are different.

B43 has two different ones:
HE 102-1223 is a bottom oil drain only.
HE 102-1271 is a bottom and side drain.
Each one uses a different dipstick also.

P218 has only one:
HE 102-1325

Don't know if it's a common thing or not. Seems if the bolts came loose,that is what might happen.

Greg

/ Deere 318 Oil pan
alright well looks like I need to track down a pan for the B43 with the side drain, surprisingly there isnt any on ebay for the B43, only for the p218.

/ Deere 318 Oil pan #4  
does anyone know how to change the starter on a JD 318,Almost looks like the motors got to come out?

/ Deere 318 Oil pan #5  
Just pulled the motor on my "P" series 318 and one if the front mount feet was broke. I opted to remove the pan and TIG welded it back to the oil pan assy. Time will tell if it holds I guess, looks good though, and cheaper than a new oil pan.

/ Deere 318 Oil pan #6  
Starter removal requires pulling the motor, just did mine for the first time, not too bad, but will go much better the next time for sure! You learn a few tricks. Took my starter to local starter/Altenator shop and they went thru it as far as they could and made it 100x's better for $15. Mine has the high dollar starter motor assy, at least new from Onan! Works like a new one now!

/ Deere 318 Oil pan
I wonder why it is so common for the "P" series to be on Ebay, but none of the
"B" series? there is 5 "P" series and not a single B series???

/ Deere 318 Oil pan
WOOOHOOO!!! I found one...for free!!! Leave it up to my cousin who has 8 318's to have a few spare parts laying around!