LX178 Manual

/ LX178 Manual #21  
Hello I am new to the forum. Iam finding it quite useful. I have a yard of just over an acre with lots of prolific oak trees so I built a pull behind leaf /grass catcer. IMG_2227.jpg
Joe if you would be so good as to send me a copy of the shop manual I would appreciate it very much.
I had a problem this spring with the drive pulley located on the hydro. The lower spring clip jumped out of an already worn groove and allowed the pulley to drop down onto the actuator arm. after looking it over I found a break disc off of an old mower that had the same spline. I trimmed off the outer part to make it about 1" in diameter and then ground it down to 1/4 inch which is just right when it sits at the end of the spline withe the pulley on top the top spring clip fits perfectly.IMG_2219.jpgIMG_2222.jpg

/ LX178 Manual #22  
New to the site. I have a LX178 that I bought new 21 years ago. I'd also like a copy of the service manual if you don't mind. Not sure how this works. Do you need my e-mail address ? If so it's russndonna@juno.com. I'm also looking for a hood for my tractor if you happen to know of one for sale. I don't have $700 for a new one. The only bad part is the headlight lens on the right side as your sitting on it. John Deere said you have to buy the whole hood because the headlight is not available by itself. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

/ LX178 Manual #24  
Hey Everyone..new to the site and looking for a service manual for the JD LX178 if anyone has one in pdf format. I saw there had been a few floating around.. any help would be greatly appreciated. if anyone does please send me a PM and i will get you an email. thank you

/ LX178 Manual #25  
Google "TM1492 (31MAY96)" or just "TM1492"

The pdf version used to be on Ebay for less than $20.
I think the printed version from JD is now over $100

/ LX178 Manual #26  
I could really use one right now... the LX188 I just bought as/is runs about 20 minutes and then just dies, I have pulled the thermostat and now it cycles the coolant but still warms up and dies. Putting a new thermostat and plugs in tomorrow, was going to clean all of the electrical connections and hope for the best, however having a service manual could come in really handy. I have the owners manual but it doesn't go into any detail like saying there even was a thermostat. I would really like to know if there is a overtemp kill switch. I know after I pressure washed the engine it ran much smoother for the first ten minutes, now when you give it full throttle it surges like before and eventually dies. My e-mail is trimmer@centurytel.net if you still have that, thanks - Thomas

/ LX178 Manual #27  
link sent

/ LX178 Manual #28  
I too am looking for the LX178 manual. Mine starts up and runs ok, but eventually starts to stutter until you disengage the blades and then it recovers. When you try to restart the blades, nothing happens. Sometimes shutting it off and restarting will allow you to engage the PTO and other times it still won't work. Hoping to get my hands on the manual so that I can go over the electrical diagrams etc.

Thanks!

/ LX178 Manual #30  
GOT JOHN DEERE L178 12 HSP PROBLEM- WAS BLOWING SNOW AND EVERY DIED-TURN SWICTH ON =NO DASH LIGHTS,STARTER WILL ENGAGE, PTO OR BUTTON PUSHED IN,JUST COMPLETELY DEAD.. INSTALLED NEW BATTERY, JUMPER WIRE IN SEAT CONTACT

ARE THERE ANY FUSES OR SENCERS TO CHECK