No Start Condition John Deere x595

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595
Hello,

Well I guess I spoke too soon. I have the same condition AGAIN!!! :(:(:( After I installed the new Ignition Module the Tractor started right up and ran normal. I mowed about 3 1/2 acres and it quit. I have the same condition. Turn the key on everything lights up on the dash as normal and when you turn the key to start a relay clicks but does not engage the starter. I replaced the battery the first time and all the switches checked to be good. The starter solenoid was good before. I guess I'll go through the complete system again but this time I need to find out what is causing the Ignition modules to burn up. If in fact that is the problem again. I'll let you know once the checks are done.

Any body got any ideas???

Thanks!

Bob

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595 #12  
Have you isolated the fuel solenoid as not being the problem? That should "click" I believe when you first turn the key on.

Is something running the battery down ?

When you say "it quit", does that mean while you were driving along, it shut down on its own, or that it wouldn't restart after being shut off?

Sorry to hear you are continuing to be beat up with this.

Yes, I checked the fuel solenoid and it is OK. It does click when you turn the key on. The first time it quit before I replaced the first module it would not restart after 4 hours run time. I have the same situation again. Mowed for about 4 hours in heavy grass and it actually bogged down and stopped. Would not restart. I just checked the Seat switch, PTO Switch, Brake Switch, and followed the test procedures for the Module in the service manual. No voltage on the X6 connector 706 purple wire. That is related to the PTO switch but the switch seems to be working properly. I hate to buy another module ($100.00) until I find out what is causing them to go out.

Thanks!
Bob

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595 #14  
I'm thinking you are going to need the tech manual with the test procedures and test points to track this down. Either you or someone who has such access.

Without knowing where those test points are and the procedures to follow, it will be a chinese firedrill and finding the needle in the haystack. Could be simple, yet could be too many modules later if that is the course of action.

Don't know what else to say.

Maybe someone who has the tech manual could help here.
If me, I'd get a CD of the tech manual by my side pronto.

Good luck.

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595 #15  
As mentioned earlier - replace the PTO switch. It's not very expensive.

Tim

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595 #16  
Learn something new every day. I thought the JD X595 was a diesel powered four wheel drive unit. I was unaware diesels have an ignition module.Since I own a X495 (same as the X595 except two wheel drive) I am interested in the location of the ignition module.

I have the Tech Manual and I followed all the tests which led me to the Ignition Module/Switch as the culprit. Both thimes the same failure. I will need to search and test further. Thanks!! I will replace the PTO switch next week along with another Module. The module is located on the right side of the tractor under the the screen. It alos contains fuses and replays. I called it the igniton module because that is how it is referred to in the manual..

I'll let everyone know what happens. I'll search the manual further for additional test along with talking to a couple dealers. This is a strange issue which will probably result in a strange solution.

Thanks!

Bob

I replaced the PTO switch and still no running tractor. I will check everything out as far as wiring and switches again before I purchase the second ignition module. I talked to a couple JD technician/mechanics and they haven't heard of any such issue on the X595. They stated a very strange problem. If everything checks out Ok I guess I'll try another Module.

Hope someone has had similar experience and can help.

Thanks!
Bob

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595 #19  
Bob, sorry to hear the PTO didn't fix it for you. Can you give details on what is leading you to the Ignition Module / Switch - that is, which test is failing? I am having a similar, but not identical intermittent problem now on my 455 and the test diagnosis list does not call out that module in any of the action / repair steps.

And good luck!

Tim

Tim,
Checked the X6 connector 706 Purple wire for battery voltage. No voltage at this location. It is part of the PTO/RIO circuit. All other tests were OK. I looked deeper into the old PTO switch and it was sticking in the Momentary up position for some reason. I pulled the Control module off and it was fried around the 706 purple wire and the red hot wire. I have checked everything else on the tractor, Seat switch, Brake switch, etc. This is frustating especially when the dealer has no thoughts either. At this point I think my only option is to purchase a second Module and try it with the new PTO switch. BTW the first module was bad in the same location so it is definately in the PTO/RIO circuit. I just can't seem to find anything else wrong in the circuit. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bob