No Start Condition John Deere x595

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595 #31  
Good for them finding it! I know I always look for component and connector problems, but here we have a reminder to also look for chafed wires. I am working an intermittent no crank on my 455, and you can bet I'm going to go right out and check the harness tonight!

The nice thing here is that they found a definitive problem, and fixed it - sometimes these gremlins just kind of go away, and you know they'll be back, but only in the middle of a job, when it's least convenient.

Do you know which wire it was that was shorting?

Tim

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595
Yes I'm glad they finally found it and we are back up and running. I normally find issues like this so I'm really mad at myself. I restore cars, motor cycles and old ATV's and I look for stuff all the time. Oh Well, as we know these are "Gremlins" and they hide very well. I'll find out today and tomorrow if it really solved the problem. I am cutting the front 3 acres today and the rear 3 tomorrow. I'm not sure which wire it was. I see if I can take a picture or something later today and post it.

Thanks again!
Bob

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595 #33  
Yes I'm glad they finally found it and we are back up and running. I normally find issues like this so I'm really mad at myself. I restore cars, motor cycles and old ATV's and I look for stuff all the time. Oh Well, as we know these are "Gremlins" and they hide very well. I'll find out today and tomorrow if it really solved the problem. I am cutting the front 3 acres today and the rear 3 tomorrow. I'm not sure which wire it was. I see if I can take a picture or something later today and post it.

Thanks again!
Bob
We've all done something similar or worse, even if we won't admit it LOL! Glad to hear you're mowing again.

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595
OK I have mowed the front three acres and so far so good. Rain and cold weather stopped me from finishing. I took some pictures of the location of the harness under the hood and attached them. Inside the harness there is an Orange wire and that was the culprit. It is part of the safety system related to the PTO circuit. It all makes sense. Hopefully It is solved and there will be no more issues. Anyone with similar equipment should look and make sure there is no issues. The picture shows a large harness running close to the three injector tubes. Mine was touching the right hand tube at the bend and wore through the corrugated tube and into the wires underneath.

Thanks
Bob

Attachments

• IMG00565.jpg
    IMG00565.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 372