No Start Condition John Deere x595

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595 #1  

rdschomm54

Tractor
John Deere x595
Hello,
I just serviced my X595 and mowed about 4 hours. I stopped for about an hour and went to restart to continue but it will not start. Battery is good, Starter checks out. I also checked seat switch, The mower deck switch and the brake interlock swtch which are all good. I checked the fuses and relays all tested good. I turn the key on and hear a few clicks and everything lights up as normal. I turn the key to start position and hear one click and then nothing. Could this be the Ignition Module Switch combo?

Hopefully someone out there has had a similar experience.

Thanks!

Last edited:
   / No Start Condition John Deere x595 #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595
Thank You!! I'm new at this so was this the correct place to post this or should I repost it to another spot

Bob

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595 #5  
Might post in the JD forum but most every body reads thenew post section. You might have a safty switch not making contact!

:welcome: to TBN! :thumbsup:

Happy :tractor: ing!

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595 #6  
WELCOME to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the John Deere Lawn & Garden Forum.

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595 #7  
Could be a dud PTO switch - does not seem uncommon for those to go out after 5-6 years. Fairly cheap to replace, so might be worth a try.

Tim

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595 #8  
I'm thinking more along the lines of a bad solenoid, if the dash lights come on then you turn the key to start and it just clicks. Then you deffinetly have a bad solenoid. It is an easy fix, just keep track of where the wires bolt onto. Just be ready for sticker shock when you go to the parts counter.

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595 #9  
There is another thread going on this same question. Unfortunately.

/ No Start Condition John Deere x595
Hello

I posted the original post to the wrong forum due to my lack of experience in these things. It was moved to the Lawn&Garden Forum where it should have been. I want to thank everyone for the replies. I have solved my issue with the tractor by replacing the Ignition Module Switch combination. I appreciate everyones ideas because they were all valid checks. I did check all and ended up narrowing it down to the Module.

Thanks again!!
Bob