JD 60" Mid Mount Blade ?

/ JD 60" Mid Mount Blade ? #1  

XSKIER

Platinum Member
Tractor
'11 Deere 1026R
I'm considering the purchase of a blade to help with a section of gravel drive that washes out after a heavy rain. Pretty much any time that there is over an inch of rain, I need to fix it up. Up till now I've been using a 48" box blade. The box is kind of slow and clunky, I'd like to make this chore quick and easy. I'm not really interested in a land plane or any other 3ph attachments. Now for the question.

For those of you that own a X748se, 60"MMM, and 60" Mid Mount Blade, Where does the blade mount? Are the MMM draft arms used to lift the blade? Does the rear blade mount where the lower three point arms go? In your opinion, is the change from mow to grade easy?

I can imagine that I would simply drive off the MMM deck, kick in the MMB, four pins, two hoses, and fly!

/ JD 60" Mid Mount Blade ?
Does anyone own a 60" mid mount blade?

/ JD 60" Mid Mount Blade ? #3  
I do not have the belly blade, but from the attachment parts list on jdparts, the frame for the blade attaches at the rear frame but not to the 3 ph arms (from what it looks like). There is a hyd. cyl to angle the blade, and the belly mower lift would raise the blade. Do not know if down pressure could be applied but doubt it.
Here is the frame without the blade attached. To the left are the arms that extend under the rear wheels and the pins (# 12) to attach to the rear frame.
It looks to be about the same amount of work that is required to remove and attach the belly mower deck (maybe a bit more to maneuver the frame under the rear wheels). From what I've heard, the belly blades are not much to get excited about. But I've always had a mild desire to really try one out...just that the land would have to be pretty flat to begin with as the belly blade wouldn't allow much of a rise to not make it over (and then you'd be hung up in the air).

Attachments

• 60_inch_belly_blade_mount.JPG
    60_inch_belly_blade_mount.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 822
   / JD 60" Mid Mount Blade ?
Actually now that I look at that diagram, the blade subframe does appear to mount where the three point does. My initial post may have been confusing. I'm thinking that the blade subframe will pin into the place where the lower 3PH arms attach to the tractor frame, not the implement end of the lower 3PH arms. I live on a gravel road as well as have a gravel drive. When I see the county motor road grader go by and dominate the washout areas I start to daydream...