What can I do with x500 x700

/ What can I do with x500 x700 #11  
The x700 and subcompact tractors are not over grown lawn mowers.
The X700 is still just a garden tractor though be it A top of the line rig.
A subcompact is a true tractor in it's own right.

In your mind maybe. There are garden tractors that are more capable than subcompacts. All of these terms have been overworked on TBN as of late, the bottom line is some of these machines are very close in their abilities and a new buyer shouldn't assume that a subcompact is always more capable than a garden tractor.

New buyers spending their hard earned money need to look at all of them to see what fits their specific needs the best.

/ What can I do with x500 x700 #12  
I agree with Steve (may I say again). If you don't need a loader, then the 749 will do just the same work as the 1 series. There's really not much difference. Plus with the X7's you can get all wheel steer. As far as pulling a 3PH implement, I'd bet the 749 would stand it's ground all day against a 1 series tractor.

As for what you actually need, I don't think you need over a x500, though you can want. Your system falls right into what Deere marketing wants, though. You look at the x5's, think an x7 would be nice, but not much difference between that and the 1023E, but then realize how much nicer the 1026R is, to realize for that much you can almost have a 2320, but you don't want to short change yourself on power so your looking at a 2720, but that is almost the same as the 3320, but then you see those cabs on the 3x20's and you've got to have one of those, so you say to add a Schulte 42' batwing to that 9560R and we got ourselves a deal. I think you get my point. I think this commercial sums it up pretty well: Point being, just keep it in perspective of what you actually NEED and what you WANT. Not that getting more than you need is bad, I've done it quite often, but you would be plenty happy with either the x500 or x700 series.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCVH7XK6ktk&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL89E098DFF13F68EA]Funny John Deere Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

/ What can I do with x500 x700
Thanks, Martian. I've talked myself out of a Kubota BX series and will probably be going with the X500 with HDAP tires. Still wondering if the x540 with liquid cooling is worth the extra 1600. It comes with HDAP, hydro lift deck, power steer & a better seat. One way or the other, I'm headed to the dealer this week.

I still have a nagging thought about buying a Cub GT200 series with the welded deck, but the Kohler vs. Kawasaki of the Deere turns me off a bit.

I'm an OCD kinda guy, so I really love this forum. Thanks again.

/ What can I do with x500 x700 #14  
Just about settled on buying an x500. Just wonder what I can do with it besides mow. Can I pull a plow, tiller, etc? Wondering if I should bite the bullet and by an x700, but by the time I outfit that I can buy a subcompact tractor.
If you can afford the X700 buy it.I bought a X740 (diesel)last year and love it.It almost turns as sharp as my ZTR kubota I sold.The 4 year warrenty is a plus to.coobie

/ What can I do with x500 x700 #15  
Love my X728SE it cut my mowing time in half, it will pull my 5x10 utility trailer with no problem, and here is a video of the blower in action...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPom7n7V0-s]John Deere X728 SE with 47" Snow blower and 3" of fluffy - YouTube[/ame]

/ What can I do with x500 x700 #16  
Just about settled on buying an x500. Just wonder what I can do with it besides mow. Can I pull a plow, tiller, etc? Wondering if I should bite the bullet and by an x700, but by the time I outfit that I can buy a subcompact tractor.

The electric clutch on my '95 Craftsman rider just went out. Don't feel like blowing $266 to fix it so tomorrow I'm going to JD dealer to look at an X500. Would love to have a nice mower like that but hard to justify spending that much just to mow grass. Have 4300 to do the tough jobs already so thinking it would make more sense (at least for me) to look at the D series mowers. Think those are in the 2K-3K range?

/ What can I do with x500 x700 #17  
The electric clutch on my '95 Craftsman rider just went out. Don't feel like blowing $266 to fix it so tomorrow I'm going to JD dealer to look at an X500. Would love to have a nice mower like that but hard to justify spending that much just to mow grass. Have 4300 to do the tough jobs already so thinking it would make more sense (at least for me) to look at the D series mowers. Think those are in the 2K-3K range?

I would strongly recommend you look at the new x310 and up, this is where the better transmission starts. The 310 and 320 models have the k58 tranny, the x304 and below have the k46 which I and lots of others have had problems with.

/ What can I do with x500 x700 #18  
I don't have any experience with the x500, but I do have an older 265 which is about the same size/specs. It will run a 30" rear mounted tiller, small 10" moldboard plow, small disc harrow, cultivator, snow blower, front blade, etc. With that said, the only option I have is a set of rear wheel weights and only use mine for mowing (use a small tractor for all that type of work) IMO even the x500 size isn't great for much garden work, I'd go up to at least the x700. The x500 uses the same tiller as my 265 would and it is mechanical driven (belt) and mechanically raised/lowered. In other words, not very user friendly to attach/remove.

/ What can I do with x500 x700
Wish there was a dealer around me who had a clue about the 500's & 700's. Everyone wants me to buy a zero turn. Wonder if the 540 is worth the extra 1600 for tires, seat, & liquid cooled motor.

/ What can I do with x500 x700 #20  
I would strongly recommend you look at the new x310 and up, this is where the better transmission starts. The 310 and 320 models have the k58 tranny, the x304 and below have the k46 which I and lots of others have had problems with.

Okay thanks for the advice. I went to the JD dealer today and said "I need a mower that will cut 3 hilly acres". He said "I know what you need, an X500 with 54" cut and differential lock and rear knobby tires. I said "Okay how much would that cost" He whipped out his calculator and recited 3 special discounts now going on and came up with a $5300 total. I said "Not sure I want to spend $5000 just to cut grass". He only had one X340 to look at. When I showed interest in that he said "The X500 is a garden tractor and the X340 is a lawn mower and it doesn't have differential lock and the knobby tires are $100 extra". Anyway to make a long story short I told him I would come back in a week or so to talk more after I determined if the Craftsman problem is just a switch or needs a whole new electric clutch. I'm going to do more online research into the X300 series vs. X500 series.