What can I do with x500 x700

/ What can I do with x500 x700 #1  

cyleclayton

Tractor
John Deere x530, BCS 710 GX8
Just about settled on buying an x500. Just wonder what I can do with it besides mow. Can I pull a plow, tiller, etc? Wondering if I should bite the bullet and by an x700, but by the time I outfit that I can buy a subcompact tractor.

/ What can I do with x500 x700 #2  
Decisions, decisions. :)

Don't need to pull a tiller. And likely the x500 would handle that ok, but of course the x700 will do it better.

Sorry, can't make that decision for you, but I'd go with the 700.
I like the 455 best, and a reasonable hour (600-700) 455 will run about $5-6k. They maintain a good resale value over the 20 years they have been around. Rock solid.

/ What can I do with x500 x700 #3  
cyleclayton said:
Just about settled on buying an x500. Just wonder what I can do with it besides mow. Can I pull a plow, tiller, etc? Wondering if I should bite the bullet and by an x700, but by the time I outfit that I can buy a subcompact tractor.

I agree, I just got by 1026 Monday, traded in the x500 After 3 and a half years. (300 hours) Beat the heck out of it, the mower deck took a beating, rebuilt twice. The best thing I had for it was the 17P trailer. Beat the heck out of that too. Worked well for moving mulch, wood etc. I also had the plow, which is a pain with it being manual. The bagger system worked well. Other than that there is not to much else it can do. FYI-I got 4,000 for the trade in with above mentioned accessories minus the 17P.

/ What can I do with x500 x700 #4  

My take is there isn't much difference between what an x700 series with 4x4 will do and a subcompact tractor, their both overgrown lawn mowers. Both will run small attachments, tow behind and 3PH with 540 pto. I chose the x749 for its manueverability and lower profile.

For a developed lawn I would use a light mower with less compaction and overall cost. For my own lawn an x310 with the K58 tranny would be good enough to me.

/ What can I do with x500 x700 #6  
Heres some home made videos I made tilling and snowblowing with my x728.

VIDEO LINKS

I also have lots of pictures of the x728 and how the tiller and blower hooks up, stuff about the cab just a hodge podge of stuff on it on my website.

Anyway I can't say enough good things about this tractor, flat out love it.

Rob

/ What can I do with x500 x700 #7  
Wondering if I should bite the bullet and by an x700, but by the time I outfit that I can buy a subcompact tractor.
No just go with a subcompact .

My take is there isn't much difference between what an x700 series with 4x4 will do and a subcompact tractor, their both overgrown lawn mowers.
The x700 and subcompact tractors are not over grown lawn mowers.
The X700 is still just a garden tractor though be it A top of the line rig.
A subcompact is a true tractor in it's own right.

/ What can I do with x500 x700 #8  
rubadub said:

VIDEO LINKS

I also have lots of pictures of the x728 and how the tiller and blower hooks up, stuff about the cab just a hodge podge of stuff on it on my website.

Rob

Great videos. I love to watch these blow snow. It does a great job. I'd post some if I had some video but I have no videographer. My wife just isn't interested in the least in standing in the cold taking video and when I'm clearing so are all the neighbors. Thank you!

/ What can I do with x500 x700 #9  

VIDEO LINKS

Rob

nice videos' thanks for posting the link:thumbsup:

/ What can I do with x500 x700 #10  
Your welcome rsewill and Steve, a little Friday Night at the movies.:)

Rob