Review for RX75 lawn mower?

/ Review for RX75 lawn mower? #1  

TraceyYates

Tractor
John Deere RX75
Hi there! I'm looking at buying a John Deere RX75 lawn mower with rear bagger attachment, and am wondering if this is a "good" model of lawnmower or not.

They're asking $350, and it looks pristine--I'm just trying to find out if this is a machine with performance problems, service issues, personality quirks, etc. I mow an acre or so of rural yard, with some rolling hill and rather uneven ground--no flat, smooth urban yard, this one. My husband is concerned about the small-ish wheels on the front end of the machine not being able to take the rougher ground, but I'm not convinced it'll be an issue.

Any recommendations/warnings on this kind of machine would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks!
Tracey

/ Review for RX75 lawn mower? #2  
:welcome: to the forum.

Listen to your husband. ;)

The machine will handle the bumps and gopher mounds and dips, but the driver may not like it so much. But for that money, give it a whirl and find out how well you like it. Sell it if not what you want or expect. The price alone is indication it is not much of a mower and the present owner is wanting to get rid of it.

Is the Cottage on Broad still open? Great restaurant.

/ Review for RX75 lawn mower? #3  
When I was a teenager my parents had one and I had to mow with it. I would agree that the small tires won't help out with rough ground. I can't say I was very fond of the tractor, but it was reliable at that time. I also don't think the cut quality compares to my 445. I would not use one on my lawn, but I'm more uptight about grass then my folks ever were.

/ Review for RX75 lawn mower?
Thanks for the replies, gentlemen. :) We decided to pass on the mower, and your opinions weighed in on the decision. And yes, the Cottage on Broad is still open, though I think I saw a For Sale sign out in front of it recently.

Thanks again!
Tracey