Tractor
    John Deere RX75

Default Review for RX75 lawn mower?

Hi there! I'm looking at buying a John Deere RX75 lawn mower with rear bagger attachment, and am wondering if this is a "good" model of lawnmower or not.

They're asking $350, and it looks pristine--I'm just trying to find out if this is a machine with performance problems, service issues, personality quirks, etc. I mow an acre or so of rural yard, with some rolling hill and rather uneven ground--no flat, smooth urban yard, this one. My husband is concerned about the small-ish wheels on the front end of the machine not being able to take the rougher ground, but I'm not convinced it'll be an issue.

Any recommendations/warnings on this kind of machine would be greatly appreciated. :-)

Thanks!
    Tracey

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

Default Re: Review for RX75 lawn mower?

to the forum.

Listen to your husband.

The machine will handle the bumps and gopher mounds and dips, but the driver may not like it so much. But for that money, give it a whirl and find out how well you like it. Sell it if not what you want or expect. The price alone is indication it is not much of a mower and the present owner is wanting to get rid of it.

Is the Cottage on Broad still open? Great restaurant.

Tractor
    Kubota L3240

When I was a teenager my parents had one and I had to mow with it. I would agree that the small tires won't help out with rough ground. I can't say I was very fond of the tractor, but it was reliable at that time. I also don't think the cut quality compares to my 445. I would not use one on my lawn, but I'm more uptight about grass then my folks ever were.

Tractor
    John Deere RX75

Default Re: Review for RX75 lawn mower?

Thanks for the replies, gentlemen. :-) We decided to pass on the mower, and your opinions weighed in on the decision. And yes, the Cottage on Broad is still open, though I think I saw a For Sale sign out in front of it recently.

Thanks again!
    Tracey