Looking at a 345 with MC519

/ Looking at a 345 with MC519
Those headlights look like they could use a good cleaning. Easy to do and makes a big difference.

I too am curious about the forward pedal setup you have. Could we get a better picture of that?

I'm looking forward to cleaning those headlights. I've done it to my cars before. Also, only one headlight is working. Made it tough last night, because I came home from work and couldn't stop mowing until I ran out of grass. It was long after running out of light.

Something else I like but have not mentioned... it is fairly fast. That is good because the 2-year-old and I can take tractor rides to Grandme and Grandpa's house.

/ Looking at a 345 with MC519 #22  
That pedal extension may just have been added for a smaller person or youngster to be able to reach the forward pedal.
The hydrostatic floor pedals are tough for a kid to reach. My 5 yr old was driving the mower at that age and mowing around 8 yrs old. I should qualify that "mowing" as we had some tough times getting away from the meandering around for a long time at random until the grass was finally all cut. :D

/ Looking at a 345 with MC519 #23  
I have a 1996 345 and I am in the process of restoring it. $3500 seems a bit steep to me but I will tell you that I am impressed with how this thing is built. I have to mow about an acre and a half, push a few snowfalls off the driveway, and haul a leaf vacuum around all fall. She's always been a champ and is well worth the $800 I am putting into her.

I have a 1996 345 and I am in the process of restoring it. $3500 seems a bit steep to me but I will tell you that I am impressed with how this thing is built. I have to mow about an acre and a half, push a few snowfalls off the driveway, and haul a leaf vacuum around all fall. She's always been a champ and is well worth the $800 I am putting into her.

I agree about $3500. Bought it for $2500. It came with the MC519. That is good, but it needs quite a bit of TLC. I just dropped some $$ at the dealer for two deck wheels and 3 filters. It also has noisy PTO bearings. I could try to press out and replace the bearings; the PTO is $190 from my dealer.

Those headlights look like they could use a good cleaning. Easy to do and makes a big difference.

I too am curious about the forward pedal setup you have. Could we get a better picture of that?

What is the easiest way to get inside the lenses to clean them out?

Here are some photos of that pedal. After the pictures, I removed it.

i-kzfmFxb-L.jpg

i-tSHNrtj-L.jpg

i-GzZbwNp-L.jpg

/ Looking at a 345 with MC519 #27  
MarkCoburn said:
What is the easiest way to get inside the lenses to clean them out?

Very simple, the whole assembly comes apart from the back, if I remember right.

/ Looking at a 345 with MC519 #28  
That pedal really looks to be cumbersome to easily get to the reverse. Expect you will like it better being off, but would appreciate knowing if it is true.

/ Looking at a 345 with MC519 #30  
You got it.

Attachments

• 345_headlamp.JPG
    345_headlamp.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 170