Trouble removing Powerflow Blower

/ Trouble removing Powerflow Blower #1  

MarkCoburn

Tractor
Craftsman Push Mower
Got a used 1999 345 with the Powerflow that seems like it has been in place for 13 years.

Won't come off.

i-5XC2rX3-L.jpg

/ Trouble removing Powerflow Blower #2  
I have the powerflow, and can't visualize what part we are looking at here. Would you back away and take a picture so we get some perspective of what/where the close-up is at? I see grass and what looks like mud. ;)

OK
After finding this drawing on jdparts, I am thinking this pin you are hammering on (which should be somewhat pointed) is bolted to the powerflow (item #36) and engages into the bracket #37 which is in turn bolted to the deck.

Under your written words " this part " there are two bolts. I suggest removing those two bolts and taking the bracket off the deck giving more room to put penetrating oil for possible removal without the hammmering (twisting instead). Worse comes to worse, also remove the pin 36 too, and see if you can get those replaced.

Attachments

• 345_powerflow_pin.JPG
    345_powerflow_pin.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 810
   / Trouble removing Powerflow Blower
I just picked up some PB Blaster, was using wd40 on it.

Those 2 bolts will need some blaster too.

So it sounds like that is the part holding me up.

If I have too, I'll replace the parts.

Thanks

I have the powerflow, and can't visualize what part we are looking at here. Would you back away and take a picture so we get some perspective of what/where the close-up is at? I see grass and what looks like mud. ;)

OK
After finding this drawing on jdparts, I am thinking this pin you are hammering on (which should be somewhat pointed) is bolted to the powerflow (item #36) and engages into the bracket #37 which is in turn bolted to the deck.

Under your written words " this part " there are two bolts. I suggest removing those two bolts and taking the bracket off the deck giving more room to put penetrating oil for possible removal without the hammmering (twisting instead). Worse comes to worse, also remove the pin 36 too, and see if you can get those replaced.

/ Trouble removing Powerflow Blower #4  
those 2 bolts that hold the bracket on the deck just put a box end wrench on the head and a socket on the bolt and twist them off. No need to try and save those 2 bolts.

those 2 bolts that hold the bracket on the deck just put a box end wrench on the head and a socket on the bolt and twist them off. No need to try and save those 2 bolts.

If I'm going to break it off, I'll want the new parts on hand so that I can get it right back together after I clean everything up. I really like using the MC519.

Really great replies and advice here. I've been out most of the day. Heading home now. Can't wait to attack this.

I have been digging around on JDparts, but can't find that drawing. How did you get to it?

OK

/ Trouble removing Powerflow Blower #7  
Select 345 model, list item 2428
then 'attachments' go to bagger, not MC519 cart
then 'section', I picked 50" as that seemed to fit best with your pic.
then 'powerflow housing and brackets'

but you can pick mower deck size as different powerflow for different decks

Sometimes have to wander around a bit to get to the parts needed. I wasn't sure what your deck size is, so guessed.

Attachments

• 345_powerflow_search.JPG
    345_powerflow_search.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 483
Select 345 model, list item 2428
then 'attachments' go to bagger, not MC519 cart
then 'section', I picked 50" as that seemed to fit best with your pic.
then 'powerflow housing and brackets'

but you can pick mower deck size as different powerflow for different decks

Sometimes have to wander around a bit to get to the parts needed. I wasn't sure what your deck size is, so guessed.

I'm a 54" deck. The parts look a little different on the drawing you found for the 50. I'll have to dig around a bit later and see if I can find it.

Thanks!

/ Trouble removing Powerflow Blower #9  
Just go to the 48/54" deck and you will see the two-bolt bracket that you have instead of the one-bolt I showed. Now that I look back, there are two nuts showing on the bracket instead of one.

The pin is just bolted on to the powerflow and maybe can be unbolted there to get the powerflow off the mower deck. Then a pliers, channel locks or pipe wrench will turn the pin in the bracket enough to get it out.

Pin is #24 and bracket #25

Attachments

• 345_powerflow_pin_54.JPG
    345_powerflow_pin_54.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 487