John Deere 322 won't idle

/ John Deere 322 won't idle #1  

cobra6600

Tractor
John Deere 322
I have a John Deere 322, that I have replaced the spark plugs, vac. hose, fuel filter and checked the fuel pump pressure and I'am pumping more then 7oz of fuel in 30 second (could that be much?). It will run at full speed (not smooth), but will not idle. Need help in Michigan. Thanks!!!!

/ John Deere 322 won't idle #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ John Deere 322 won't idle #3  
Welcome aboard.

I suspect you have some carb issues, either a dirty carb or it needs tuned or both. Not familiar with your JD, so I will let others assist.

If you don't get the answers you want, repost your question in the JD forum on TBN.

Again, Welcome!

/ John Deere 322 won't idle #4  
Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ John Deere 322 won't idle #5  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the John Deere Lawn & Garden Forum.

/ John Deere 322 won't idle #6  
:welcome:
Are you comfortable with carb adjustments?
With carb rebuild?

What is the history, leading up to this inconvenience?

/ John Deere 322 won't idle #7  
You probably have a clogged idle passage in the carb. They have tiny fuel jets, and are the first thing to clog when dirt enters the carb.

Getting it clean usually requires carb removal, disassembly, and a thorough cleaning. Some good carburetor cleaner, and compressed air is almost surely a necessity to get it clean. Rubber tipped blow guns are very handy for checking to see if a fuel passage is cleared.

Another possibility is a vacuum leak. The line to the fuel pump from the intake manifold could be the problem. (Only if your engine has a vac operated fuel pump.)