LX266 mower making strange noises when PTO (Mower) engaged

/ LX266 mower making strange noises when PTO (Mower) engaged #41  
I have an LX-178 that I think has the same problem - have you checked-out the PTO Clutch for the mower yet? I think that is the source of my trouble - I was mowing this AM and I heard a few "funny" noises then a big "clank" and the engine stalled and would not restart! I thought the engine was gone and had thrown a rod or something but after I dragged it back to the house and let it cool-off it started right up and ran fine 'til I heard some clinking and screeching from the vicinity of the clutch and it stalled again. I took off the belt and watched the PTO clutch as it was running and it was jumping-around and rattling like crazy. I am guessing this is my problem - have you solved yours yet?

/ LX266 mower making strange noises when PTO (Mower) engaged #42  
There is a lot of life left in that mower deck. Like I said bring it on over and we can fix you right up. :) I live just a little over in WV

/ LX266 mower making strange noises when PTO (Mower) engaged
There is a lot of life left in that mower deck. Like I said bring it on over and we can fix you right up. :) I live just a little over in WV

Randall,

I would LOVE, LOVE coming over to visit. Wife's great, great, great grandpappy was shot in Beverly WV in the "war between states"...

You got a spot I can park the pop-up camper in the shade?
:D
I think I've found a welder, after work today I will try to see him.

David

/ LX266 mower making strange noises when PTO (Mower) engaged #44  
MossflowerWoods said:
Randall,

I would LOVE, LOVE coming over to visit. Wife's great, great, great grandpappy was shot in Beverly WV in the "war between states"...

You got a spot I can park the pop-up camper in the shade?
:D
I think I've found a welder, after work today I will try to see him.

David

Not only a place for the pop up but water and electric service too. If you change your mind let know. We are much more hospitable these days. 100 + years has brought a few changes. :)

Not only a place for the pop up but water and electric service too. If you change your mind let know. We are much more hospitable these days. 100 + years has brought a few changes. :)

Randall,

Wow...

Ok, First we need to seperate this into 2 topics.

1 - I needed to mow 3 days ago, the dandylions are OUTRAGEOUS, and the little Mower is too slow and small. So I gotta get this fixed ASAP. But I did not make it to the welder today.

2 - Your offer is awesome and VERY generous. I'm going to talk to the wife. She is insisting I take them to the Creation Museum ASAP so I am trying to plan that, but you are pretty close I suspect, and we'd love to visit.

Sir I am humbled by your generous offer. I'm going to find a way to take you up on it.

Thanks,
David

/ LX266 mower making strange noises when PTO (Mower) engaged #46  
Randall,

Wow...

Ok, First we need to seperate this into 2 topics.

1 - I needed to mow 3 days ago, the dandylions are OUTRAGEOUS, and the little Mower is too slow and small. So I gotta get this fixed ASAP. But I did not make it to the welder today.

2 - Your offer is awesome and VERY generous. I'm going to talk to the wife. She is insisting I take them to the Creation Museum ASAP so I am trying to plan that, but you are pretty close I suspect, and we'd love to visit.

Sir I am humbled by your generous offer. I'm going to find a way to take you up on it.

Thanks,
David
Sounds good
Wife and I took the family and future son in law(now son in law) to the Creation Museum and had a great time. Very interesting.

IT'S FIXED!!!!

I took it Friday to a welder up in Manassas on my way to work. $35, pics enclosed.

I greased it and washed it (a little)and I bought new REAL John Deere (expensive) belts.

After appropriate cussing and swearing I figured out how to tension the belts and actually attach it.

Even without sharpening the blades it cuts like a hot kife through butter...

The JD Dealer says the 48" deck will fit and they can order me one for $1080 (I'm going to look for a lower price), it will take 2-4 weeks to come in.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

Be well,
David

Attachments

• 2012-06-02 13.14.38.jpg
    2012-06-02 13.14.38.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 246
  • 2012-06-02 13.13.42.jpg
    2012-06-02 13.13.42.jpg
    628 KB · Views: 264
  • 2012-06-02 13.14.49.jpg
    2012-06-02 13.14.49.jpg
    489.7 KB · Views: 241

Randall,

I'm still working on that trip to WV to visit sir! :thumbsup:

David

/ LX266 mower making strange noises when PTO (Mower) engaged #49  
David glad to hear good report about garden tractor ! :thumbsup:

Boone

Attachments

• cowboytb.jpg
    cowboytb.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 159
   / LX266 mower making strange noises when PTO (Mower) engaged #50  
MossflowerWoods said: