john deere 110

/ john deere 110 #1  

Bwgad96

Silver Member
Tractor
Wayy to many.
i, ive always loved the john deere 110 for its looks and size. ive been consitering buying one of these machines but dont know there capabilities. how much snow could they push or dirt could they pull? also i would want to know how they preform towing a pull behind reel mowers? thanks

/ john deere 110 #2  
They will do what an 8hp will do. The Deere 110 comes in a couple different styles and hp. The original was a 7hp, made in 1963 I believe. Then came the 8hp Kohler round fender in '64. Along the way, came the flat fender one-piece fender deck 110. May have jumped to a 10hp Kohler in there somewhere.

I have my Dad's round fender dismantled and being re-assembled after all the parts have been painted. And the original fuel tank very carefully re-conditioned. My younger bro ended up with it and it sat outside for a good number of years. But it is coming around.

How much snow do you want to push? or dirt?

/ john deere 110
im not really sure, but when i het snow ide like to be able to plow a fair amount.

/ john deere 110 #4  
Everything has its limits. I had a plow on my 8hp Wheel Horse, and it would have been just the ticket to plow a side walk in town, but for a drive way it was just a bit less time consuming than a shovel. But for sure easier on the back. Great for the boys to go out and play in the snow.
A snow of 2-4" would eventually get moved to the edge of the driveway.

But more of a toy, than a machine. Albeit I had a real itch to get a blade prior to getting one. :)

Getting a bit higher hp and a 54" blade, like my son has, and he finds it works great for him to plow snow (near Mps, MN) for the last 10 years.

/ john deere 110 #5  
But more of a toy, than a machine. Albeit I had a real itch to get a blade prior to getting one. :)

Getting a bit higher hp and a 54" blade, like my son has, and he finds it works great for him to plow snow (near Mps, MN) for the last 10 years.

I had a 1972 112 (same as 110 just a bigger motor) with electric lift, I used to both mow and plow with that. Mowing was fine with it, and so was hauling my homemade dump cart around with it filled with dirt, rocks, sand etc. But I have not had very good luck with plowing. The electric lift motor would get so hot from raising and lowering the blade so often it would start to cut out. Also, unless you had an angle kit on it, every time I wanted to change the angle of the plow I had to stop and get off. and with anything more then 6 inches of snow..it did have a struggle pushing it.

I gave the 112 to my father when I had upgraded to a 318, best choice I had ever made. Hydro lift and angle with a 54'' blade. More power to push with, split brakes on the rear so you could steer if the front wheels were off the ground or slipping. I wouldnt go back to a smaller tractor for anything.