Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Default New Problem on LX266 mower! Hydrostatic issue!

Guys & Gals,

My LX266 has developed a new issue. Just yesterday when parked on a slight hill and left overnight (same spot as it always parks in), it rolled forward until it stopped in a dip.

When stopped you cannot push it backwards, but forwards you can push it easily. Prior to this, when off, you could NOT move it unless you pulled the release on the rear.

It is also struggleing to climb the driveway and to mow UP the hills in my back yard.

Feels like the hydrostatic tranny has lost umph. The fluid level seemed fine last night warm it was at the full level, and cold this am it was just slightly lower than full, and not even close to the "add" line (well above).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    BOTA L3400 DT -SQ 172 B HOG-WAC PHD-JD SUBARU PWRD GENNY

Default Re: New Problem on LX266 mower! Hydrostatic issue!

Installation, Repair and Replacement of John Deere LX266 Hydro Drive Belt

John Deere LX 266 still acting weird after traction drive belt re - Tractors Forum - GardenWeb

David not sure of your problem but some good reading on that unit on things to check out on your GT.
    Remember you just had deck off.
    Just trying to help.

Boone
    2 CHRONICLES 7 : 14 (KJV)

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Default Re: New Problem on LX266 mower! Hydrostatic issue!

Boone,

I studied those, and neither seems quite right.

The Hydro will absolutely skid the tires on the hill on the gravel drive if I take my foot off pedal. Also when shut off, it will NOT roll backwards, it locks hard.

But climbing the hill is sluggish now, and it rolls forward way too easily when running or not...

Yes, I had the deck off and did not specifically notice this before I put it back (we used it for 2 weeks to pull trailer with horse feed twice a day when the deck was out).

I remain puzzled.

David

PS - That outdoorpower was an awesome web page...
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.