New Problem on LX266 mower! Hydrostatic issue!

/ New Problem on LX266 mower! Hydrostatic issue! #1  

MossflowerWoods

Tractor
Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, Gravely 60" ZTR Mower. Stihl MS290 (selling), CS261, & FS190 + Echo CS400 & 2010 F-350 6.4 PSD snowplow truck
Guys & Gals,

My LX266 has developed a new issue. Just yesterday when parked on a slight hill and left overnight (same spot as it always parks in), it rolled forward until it stopped in a dip. :smiley_aafz:

When stopped you cannot push it backwards, but forwards you can push it easily. Prior to this, when off, you could NOT move it unless you pulled the release on the rear.

It is also struggleing to climb the driveway and to mow UP the hills in my back yard.

Feels like the hydrostatic tranny has lost umph. The fluid level seemed fine last night warm it was at the full level, and cold this am it was just slightly lower than full, and not even close to the "add" line (well above).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
David

/ New Problem on LX266 mower! Hydrostatic issue! #2  
   / New Problem on LX266 mower! Hydrostatic issue!
Boone,

I studied those, and neither seems quite right.

The Hydro will absolutely skid the tires on the hill on the gravel drive if I take my foot off pedal. Also when shut off, it will NOT roll backwards, it locks hard.

But climbing the hill is sluggish now, and it rolls forward way too easily when running or not...

Yes, I had the deck off and did not specifically notice this before I put it back (we used it for 2 weeks to pull trailer with horse feed twice a day when the deck was out).

I remain puzzled.

David

PS - That outdoorpower was an awesome web page...