New member:just purchased a JD 430 lawn&garden tractor

/ New member:just purchased a JD 430 lawn&garden tractor #1  

herbm

Tractor
John Deere 430
Hello all. Does anyone know where a good online sight to buy parts for my 430? I`m having trouble with the fuel shutoff solenoid, the plunger does not go back when I turn the key on. any suggestions might help. Thank you.

/ New member:just purchased a JD 430 lawn&garden tractor #2  
Check with your local Deere dealer. My dealer has always had good alternative options for getting parts for my 420 when they are discontinued or outrageously priced. They might at least give you the part number and you could search eBay. That way you would know that your getting the right part if you find it.

/ New member:just purchased a JD 430 lawn&garden tractor #3  
Hello all. Does anyone know where a good online sight to buy parts for my 430? I`m having trouble with the fuel shutoff solenoid, the plunger does not go back when I turn the key on. any suggestions might help. Thank you.

WELCOME TO TBN:)
The best thing to do is join JDParts.com. You will see the exact parts description,and price as your dealer sees. Can't beat it.
I looked up the solenoid. There are 2 different ones depending on your serial number. AM100895 is for numbers up to 420468. AM108772 is for 420469 and later. Price is the same for either,169.61.
The pic is the earlier solenoid. Hope some of this helps.

Greg

Attachments

• 430 solenoid.gif
    430 solenoid.gif
    21.7 KB · Views: 339
   / New member:just purchased a JD 430 lawn&garden tractor #4  
Parts book is online at the JD site. My local JD dealer has the parts on the counter the next day at the latest. The 420 is an oldie but a goodie. Built as a tractor rather than as a riding lawn mower.

/ New member:just purchased a JD 430 lawn&garden tractor #5  
keepingitgreen.com has better prices than my local dealer, and I have had good service from them. The price difference pretty much makes up for the shipping costs, and maybe a couple of bucks more.

Tim

/ New member:just purchased a JD 430 lawn&garden tractor #6  
keepingitgreen.com has better prices than my local dealer

I checked them and a couple others,and the prices are identical to JD's. So,I guess convenience could be the determining factor where to purchase.

Greg

/ New member:just purchased a JD 430 lawn&garden tractor #7  
herbm. I agree you definitely need to sign up for JDparts.com. But do not be surprised when you see a different price. We have done some comparisons here in the past and shown that the price you see online does vary with which dealer you are associated with. These are the prices at my dealer. BTW, it looks like both part numbers have been replaced by the common AM108771.

Part Number: AM108771
Replaces Part: AM108772
Part Price: 184.87 USD
On Hand: 0 Check Other Stores
Description: KIT, FUEL SHUTOFF SOLENOID (430T)

Part Number: AM108771
Replaces Part: AM100895
Part Price: 184.87 USD
On Hand: 0 Check Other Stores
Description: KIT, FUEL SHUTOFF SOLENOID (430T)

/ New member:just purchased a JD 430 lawn&garden tractor #8  
I have a 430 and have had this problem off and on for years try taking it apart and cleaning this has always working for me you may save a few dollars good luck

/ New member:just purchased a JD 430 lawn&garden tractor #9  
We have done some comparisons here in the past and shown that the price you see online does vary with which dealer you are associated with

Interesting.
I thought a JD price was a JD price,no matter what part of the country you were in. Well,I learned something today.

Greg