New X700 series.

/ New X700 series. #11  
Where I mow, flat ground, lots of trees and shrubs, with my present z-turn and JD345 lawn tractor (or a JDX740 which I am considering) work best due to the turning radius vs. a JD1000 series or a small Kubota. I have no use for 4x4, 3-point hitch, and/or a rear PTO on the X series which are only added expense to purchase and maintain. The rest of the mostly open flat and gente sloped 10-12 acres I mow with my Kubota L3830 with a 6' Bush Hog finish mower.

Bill

Economics 101, say you currently do not own a ZTR, JD345 or the L3830 and wanted the most bang for your dollar and wanted something that would do what you are currently doing with the ZTR, JD345 and L3830, maybe a little slower, but doing it, what would you purchase one of the multi functions with accessories or would you buy a ZTR, a lawn tractor and a 38-40 horse power cut?

/ New X700 series. #12  
Economics 101, say you currently do not own a ZTR, JD345 or the L3830 and wanted the most bang for your dollar and wanted something that would do what you are currently doing with the ZTR, JD345 and L3830, maybe a little slower, but doing it, what would you purchase one of the multi functions with accessories or would you buy a ZTR, a lawn tractor and a 38-40 horse power cut?

I bought a JS45 trimming mower with front caster wheels, the x749 garden tractor, 110tlb loader backhoe and the 4520 without fel but with tnt hitch. Does most of what I wan't to do quickly and efficiently. I don't know of any one tractor that does it all, certainly not the 1026R, certainly not the 4520.

/ New X700 series. #13  
Does anyone know if this new 700 series will be offered with all wheel steer and the new deck. As I understand, the 7-iron was incompatible with AWS on the X749. And will it be available in a 54" deck?

/ New X700 series. #14  
Does anyone know if this new 700 series will be offered with all wheel steer and the new deck. As I understand, the 7-iron was incompatible with AWS on the X749. And will it be available in a 54" deck?

Good question, that would take it up a notch Have to say that my 48" deck with the MC519 cart has done a great job with my lawn this year. All the clippings along with customer pine needles and various other stuff is being recyled through my mulch/topdressing pile now. I should have about 50 yards of good topdressing to add to my lawn each year starting next year.

/ New X700 series. #15  

My plan is for the X740 to replace both the ZTR and the JD345... eliminate two "gasoholics" with one fuel efficient diesel.:D

Bill

/ New X700 series. #16  
The 1026r cuts slower and uglier than the x700 I know because I have used both on my mom's property.

They are like comparing a rifle and a pistol. Sure they can cost the same but which is better?

/ New X700 series.

My information I received is this:

There will no longer be an All Wheel Steer, All Wheel Drive, diesel powered machine. In other words, the X749's being made right now, are the last ones.

If you want an All Wheel Steering machine in the new X700 line up, you have to go with the 2 Wheel Drive diesel powered model, or the gas powered All Wheel Drive model. The X749 numbers simply are not high enough to justify continued production.

Since the new High Capacity decks were designed specifically for these new X700 series machines, you are now able to get the 7-Iron deck cut quality, with the All Wheel Steer machine. As I have said before, the High Capacity deck is a direct clone of the 7-iron, but made with slightly thinner steel. After years and years, you can FINALLY get 7-Iron cut quality, with an All Wheel Steer machine.

Yes, there will be a 54 inch deck, and a 60 inch. For now, those are the only 2 sizes I have heard are confirmed. The 62 inch deck has been dropped and discontinued.

Keep in mind folks, so far this is a soft release, any information on this right now is speculation.

/ New X700 series. #18  
I just ordered a 2012 X740 with a 60" 7iron. Wasn't sure at first whether I wanted a '12 or '13. Did some research, talked to a few people and decided to go with a '12. The '13's are 100lbs+ lighter. I have been told that the 13's are $1000 cheaper. Hmmmmm lighter and less expensive. I concluded that I would rather have the tried and true, more rugged 2012. Maybe it is more tractor than I need for a lawn mower (about 2.5 acres) but folks sure do seem happy with them.

/ New X700 series. #19  
I have the 728 for 1.5 acres and love it. Just got it ready for winter yesterday

Attachments

• image-1529612171.jpg
    image-1529612171.jpg
    506.4 KB · Views: 414
   / New X700 series. #20  
I also have a 728 and love it and I'm close to one acre total.

25tractor3.jpg

Rob