JD455 60' Deck Hardware required to hook up Power Flo Blower

/ JD455 60' Deck Hardware required to hook up Power Flo Blower #1  

JD455AWS

Tractor
JD455 AWS 1995
Hello All, new Member here as I just joined up today on TBN. It appears to be great website.

I am reaching out to anyone who has a PFC (Power Flo Blower) for grass and leaves attached to their 60" Commercial Deck for a JD425/445 or 455. I believe that I identified just about all of the hardware required to attach the power flo unit to my deck, yet I have just a few questions:

Question#1: Are there 2 physical connections that the blower must make to the deck? I understand that the connection closest to the front of the deck is a post bracket, JD Part# AM118913, yet there appears to be a clip/clamp at the rear underside of he PFC Blower that needs to attach to the rear of the chute opening of deck, or attach close to where the belt would run to the added 2nd pulley. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could advise if a secondary piece of hardware needs to be added to my deck to mate with this clip on the blower.

Question #2: There is both a deck shield support bar (JD Part#: M117221) as well as a plastic deck shield (Jd Part#: M114476) that are recommended in the schematic drawing on JDParts.com for this PF w/ 60" deck set-up. Is the deck shield support bar and deck shield really necessary for correct operation, or are they simply offered to cover up the pulley and belt - (for safety reasons)?

Lastly, is anyone who has this set-up, willing to part with and sell all of the required hardware to accomplish the task above? If so, I'd be willing to purchase this from you, as you may no longer have a need for these items?

If anyone has pictures of their deck set-up as it relates to question #1, I'd certainly appreciate seeing them. I've scoured the net for pictures, yet cannot locate any. My email address is rsbrown67@gmail.com or post in thread?

Thanks,
Rob

/ JD455 60' Deck Hardware required to hook up Power Flo Blower #2  
I don't have the same deck or mower as you but c an offer that atleast on my 48" deck and x749 that the front end swivels on the z bar and the rear lines up with a guide pin. The belt when installed and tensioned via the belt tensioner slide lock holds the blower in place over the guide pin. I recommend the deck shields to keep the crap away from the belts primarily and for safety too.

/ JD455 60' Deck Hardware required to hook up Power Flo Blower
Thanks Steve,
I have a JD332 w/ 50" deck and a power flo that sets up exactly as you have described; with a rear pin that secures the rear of the power flo unit to the deck, yet the set-up for this power flo unit for a 60" deck for a JD455 is quite different.
Here is a link to the issue in question:

Installing

The picture in question is picture #2, comment: "Latch blower against mower and into slot in deck (E)."

I just don't know why they are referring to a slot in the deck, when clearly my deck has not slot. Perhaps others have overcome this obstacle in other ways.....

Thanks again for your response Steve!