54 blade mount for 318 tractor question

/ 54 blade mount for 318 tractor question #1  

BANDAMAN

Silver Member
Tractor
Deere 318
Sold my BX1860 and just picked up a 318 last week and then found a nice 54" front blade. The blade was originally made for the 318 but was modified to fit the wider 400 series frame. It was done nicely with solid steel blocks and good welding ability. So good, that it looks like a pain to cut it back apart and re-weld at the 318 frame width. Anyone know if the front mount is still available from deere? I cannot find a schematic or a part number. I would rather purchase a new mount if its not ridiculously priced (yeah right) and then keep this modified mount in case I ever get a larger tractor. I might also consider swapping mounts with someone who has the opposite problem I have and is considering buying a frame squeezer for their 400 series. Thanks for the help!

ATTACH=CONFIG]284812[/ATTACH] 100_1678.JPG100_1677.JPG

Attachments

• 100_1679.jpg
    100_1679.jpg
    504.1 KB · Views: 759
   / 54 blade mount for 318 tractor question
I think I found the part number finally.... and got this:

The part AM102948 is no longer available. Contact your local John Deere dealer for other options.

/ 54 blade mount for 318 tractor question #3  
Have your Deere dealer check his stock, and from his computer he can check the stock of every other dealer in the country. If one is found, it can be shipped to your dealer from another dealer. Or check eBay and maybe Craig's list if you strike out with your dealer.

I just googled that part number and several dealers listed it......at over $400!!! I'll pass, dang....on to plan B

I was able to find a mount locally. Thanks to all those who replied with offers and suggestions!