Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere

I have two 140 h3's. Early 70's. One has a blower vac with a trailer I use every fall to pick up leaves. I've had it for about 20 years and it never fails to start and runs perfectly every time I need it to work for me. The other has a hydraulic front blade and a tiller that also never fails to start and works perfect. Both have original engines and require very little maintenance and repair. The mower I use for mowing the lawn is a GT245 with a power flow 54" deck. It took over that job from my LT155 that my wife now calls her mower. She won't let go of it.

Tractor
    John Deere 2320, JD430, JD312

Default Re: Who still mows with vintage JD garden tractors?

I have a JD312 that I had the 12hp Kohler engine rebuilt, now has about 90 hours on it. 46 inch mower deck, Hydro lift. Process of cleaning, repainting, new decals all around. Intergal rear hitch, then put up for sale. I have a JD430, 20hp diesel and a new JD2320, 24hp. I really don't need 3 tractors so the smaller JD312 should go, I have way too much invested in it and will have to take a loss but that will be somone's gain, hopefully they will appreciate the tractor. All 3 of these tractors are amazing in their own right. The JD430 is built like a tank and easy to operate, I let the grandkids use it to mow. They used it for raking hay this summer when the old Oliver wouldn't start and they also used it to make a food plot for deer. You are correct about the older John Deere garden tractors, they are tough, I suspect they will be around long after I am gone. The 430 leaves only one way, from my cold dead hands. As for the 2320, in a few years I might trade for a new 30hp, don't know about that for sure, just have to wait and see, I really like the 2320 with the FEL, rear tiller, rear blade, subsoiler, middle buster and forks. It takes them all with power to spare.

Tractor
    '10 3320 cab

Hiya,

We do! '88 318 w/46" deck. We only use it for mowing so it only has 580 some hours on it.

Tom
    Big and little Green tractors, Orange tractors and one awesome brown dog.

"Congelo nos opus, quantum punitor ingravesco"

"Behold, like the wild azz in the desert, go I forth to my work"

Tractor
    Kubota, B7100HST-D

My BIL bartered for a old 140. It looks great. He doesn't have a use for it, so I'm hoping talk him into selling it to me.
    Steve

The best things in life are not things.

Tractor
    Kubota B3300SU

I have an '89 170 that is still running strong. My brother has 2 larger JD mowers and he was always telling me that he likes the way my 170 cuts a lot better plus it turns sharper than his. Every time I let him borrow my 170 he would come back and say that if I ever sell it, he wants it. He is picking it up this Tuesday because I just bought a X320 last weekend.
    My toys: '09 BMW R1200GSA
    '06 Harley Roadking ~ '95 Suzuki DR350S
    '94 Suzuki DR350S ~ '07 Yamaha Superjet
    '09 Kawi STX15F jet ski ~ '07 Kawi STX12F Jetski
    '83 Suzi 125 three wheeler ~ '13 Ram 3500 4X4 Cummins SRW
    '09 BMW 535i ~ '10 Kubota B3300SU
    '12 John Deere X320

Tractor
    johndeere770 johndeere318

I have an 89 318 that I couldnt do without. Replaced the onan with a vanguard 18hp specially fit for the 318. I use it every day winter and summer.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    John deere 2305, X520 and LX188

Quote Originally Posted by botamike View Post
    Who all shuns the new stuff and mows with an older JD garden tractor from the 110rf's thur the 200 and early 300 series machines. I know of many 318's still in use, looking for older yet. I am looking to get a 110rf and put it back to work mowing my yard and tilling my garden. Mike
    I am still keeping a JD LX188 going, but it smokes like crazy until it warms up. -lx188-001-jpg

I added Carslile Super Lug 8" rim, 10" wide -20 tires on it for traction on the hills, and placed two 50W flood lights on the front to mow and haul firewood at night.

I plan to put it in reserve wen I can replace it with an X500.

SC

Tractor
    Kubota L3540

I keeping using my LX 188. Although it is now delegated to backup mower behind my Z445, it's the goto tractor for all other lawn duties (aerator, sweeper, spreader, dethatcher, and sprayer) and always seems to be in use with the dump trailer - it hauls that trailer anywhere and the kids can drive it (great tractor for assigning kid's chores). I thought I would get rid of it once I got the ZTR, then it became I'll drive it till it drops... It is running rough intermittently now and I've decided I'll take it in for repairs. I think it will be with me for quite awhile, it's a great unit.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere, several

The LX188 and other tractors of that series use a light duty lawn transmission. Any sort of towing or even steep hills are not recommended.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota b2920

Anyone know if they have any value on the market? Contemplating whether to keep mine. I don't use it to mow anymore and my kubota does all my other tractor tasks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast