54C Deck Drive Belt

/ 54C Deck Drive Belt #1  

manwith2jd

Tractor
JD4300, 4wd, SRT, 2005 X740, 318, 2007 X740, Turf Gator 4x2
I run an X740 with a 54C shaft driven deck. Approx 500 hrs on the blade drive belt. Would there be any benefit in flipping the blade drive belt 180 on the pulleys to maybe increase the life of the belt. I think one side of the belt contacts the blade sheaves and the other side just the tensioner sheave. Not complaining about the belt life, but they aren't cheap to replace. >$75

/ 54C Deck Drive Belt #2  
I my opinion, it shouldn't hurt but check out Vbelts4Less.com for much less than $75. They have kvlar cords in them. If nothing else, have one for a spare.

/ 54C Deck Drive Belt #3  
I my opinion, it shouldn't hurt but check out Vbelts4Less.com for much less than $75. They have kvlar cords in them. If nothing else, have one for a spare.

It is good to be proactive, however, on my 425, I have about 1200 hours on a 20 year old 54 inch deck with the original belt. These belts are awesome and indestructible if used appropriately. I would only consider changing the belt if there was obvious wear and threat of failure, like in your car or truck.

Now I am going a bit off-topic. Too bad JD does not make an auto for our highways, we would be truly "going green" in more ways than one (excuse the pun). We wouldn't be using valuable resources and filling junk yards with our old cars.