X720 vs X740.

/ X720 vs X740. #11  
Heater install 1.JPGPC260042.JPG

/ X720 vs X740. #12  
Just wondering if diesel engine is worth the $1,000 upgrade?

I sold my X748 last year because I came to the conclusion that I couldn't afford it. I can make the payments on an X720 though. I have no interest in all wheel steering or AWD as my property is all flat.

How is the fuel injected kawi in the X700 series? My main concern is that it will drink gas, and not feel anywhere near as powerful as an X740.

I am still waiting for some more news on the new X700 line up. I want an X750 (2WD diesel) but my dealer never has any information about when the new machines will arrive. I think I may wait for the new machines, they have auto connect decks and the yellow decks are 7-Iron clones now, even in the 54 inch size.

I won't be using any 3PT items either. Just a plow, and the rest will be towing a big cart around for yard waste and moving small amounts of hay and manure.
YUP--------------

/ X720 vs X740. #13  
Either the x720 (gas) or the x740 (diesel) will serve you well. I really believe that both tractors are great and will do just about anything that is asked of it. Once you get the x7xx, bear in mind you will want attachments to make your tractor even more useful.

/ X720 vs X740.
Either the x720 (gas) or the x740 (diesel) will serve you well. I really believe that both tractors are great and will do just about anything that is asked of it. Once you get the x7xx, bear in mind you will want attachments to make your tractor even more useful.

Those will have to come later down the road when I can afford it. Right now my main concern is grass cutting. 7 - 8 months of the year I have 2 acres that needs mowing. About 4 or 5 months out of that it needs it twice a week sometimes. I also want the ability to pull a good size load in a cart. Once I get a snow blade, I want hydraulic control vs a steel handle I would have to move all the time. Not to mention you gain down pressure. I don't want an X300 series, too light for what I need. The X500 is just too overpriced for what your getting. If I am going to spend $7,500 on an X540, why not get an X720 for $10,000? The X500 series is just too costly for what you get, in my opinion anyways.

/ X720 vs X740. #16  
... The payment on a 2WD machine is much much lower, given the cost of the tractor is about $4,000 less.
I'm not understanding your math here. Comparing apples to apples, a 2012 X748 lists for roughtly $12.9K, while the X728 is $11.8K, a difference of $1100, not $4000.

/ X720 vs X740.
I'm not understanding your math here. Comparing apples to apples, a 2012 X748 lists for roughtly $12.9K, while the X728 is $11.8K, a difference of $1100, not $4000.

Maybe for you where you are. Here in BC, Canada, the prices vary dramatically. An X748SE is about $16,000. An X740 can be had for about $11,800, so basically $12,000. Not to mention, we pay 12% tax on the total, so on $16,000, I have to pay $1,920 in tax on top of that which brings it out to $17,920 total. For an X740 taxes included I am looking at $13,440. Total difference of $4,480. Overall it changes my payment by almost $100 per month, which is huge. Plus, after coming to my senses, I have realized an AWD machine is useless for me. We get snow once a year, sometimes not at all. Even IF it does snow, it melts within 48 hours. The one or two times I am going to plow snow, I doubt I would even touch the diff lock, never mind throw iron on. IF in the event it is a very rare snow and we get a lot, with tires chain and a diff lock, I am not concerned one bit. All of my property is flat. I really have no use for all wheel drive at all. In a situation such as mine, all it does is complicate maintenance, and increase operating expenses over the life of the machine.

I know, the prices here are way out of line. I have tried arguing with local dealers, but there is just no budging. Unfortunately we Canadians get screwed and end up almost always having to pay more than something is worth.

/ X720 vs X740. #18  
Thanks for all the information guys.

I am looking at this machine as a long term purchase. However, I still wouldn't be racking on the hours like a commercial landscaper. My guess is I would likely put on about 75 to 100 hours per year. Even at that rate that gets me 15 years of life. Where I live diesel is always higher priced than Gasoline, which is BS in my opinion, but it is higher. In a case such as this one it would take me even longer regain the investment of a diesel. However, I do love all things diesel, so basically what its going to come down to is the payment. If I can swing an X750 or X740, I will do it, if I can't, than I will stick with the X720.

If anyone has any pictures of their gas powered X700 series, specifically the engine, I would like to see them. Any videos would be great too. Thanks!

Heres some videos of my x728 snowblowing and rototilling. VIDEO LINKS

Its a 2010 model.

And I can also add that it has more then enough power for tilling or snowblowing and saying that I like this machine is the understatement, I flat out love it.

I like driving it, I like looking at it, I like showing it to people and right now I have it in my garage (workshop) putting on the second stage of meguiars 3 stage auto polish wax procedure. These electronic fuel injected Kawasakis are clean running twins, no film on the paintwork inside or out.

Rob

/ X720 vs X740. #19  
I guess I could mention this also, I have a curtis hard cab on it and the windshield is glass and some of the windows in the cab are glass and some plastic, so to be on the safe side I cleaned them with just water and a couple of soft terry cloth car rags. They cleaned up spotless real easy.

Rob